PDA

View Full Version : Found Coconut Oil for $2.99 at local store...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Leora99
Tue, Mar-18-03, 11:14
I found 16 ounces of coconut oil at a local Indian grocery store here...sure is a lot less expensive than ordering from the web and paying for shipping....

For anyone who likes coconut oil or wants to try it, for the thyroid, and if you have an "ethnic" type grocery store nearby that sells Indian foods, see if they don't sell it - might save you some money.

Love, Leora

jeanyyy
Tue, Mar-18-03, 12:15
Pardon my ignorance, but what does coconut oil do for the body?

Leora99
Tue, Mar-18-03, 13:20
Hi! You're not ignorant, LOL! Well, I first read about it on here actually! People on this thyroid forum were saying it seemed to help improve their metabolism/support their thyroid. Their basal temps seemed to go up if they used a tablespoon of this oil per day, and they felt better.

Then I did some searching on the net and saw that coconut oil is being offered on various sites as a way to boost metabolism and help sluggish thyroid function.

Since I have a borderline sluggish thyroid/slow metabolism, I figured, hey, why not give it a try?

Love, Leora

glennette
Mon, Mar-24-03, 16:22
Is this..Cold Processed Coconut Oil?? :D Glennette