PDA

View Full Version : Stuffed chicken breasts

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

joyfulc
Sat, Mar-08-03, 11:21
I've only been on the low carb diet a few days. One of my husband's favourites is stuffed chicken breasts, which I stuff with traditional bread stuffing. I was trying to think of a way I could stuff mine to stay consistent with the restrictions of induction. I know that I'll never stay on a diet unless I can continue to enjoy food the way I always have.

I settled on stuffing the chicken with a mixture of sauteed onions, garlic and sliced mushrooms, mixed with cooked chopped spinach. I pound the boneless, skinless breasts flat between wax paper, lay the breasts over a piece of string, spoon the stuffing onto the breasts, then use the strings to roll the breasts around the stuffing. I arrange the stuffed breasts on a cookie sheet covered with oiled aluminum foil, spray the breasts with PAM, and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

I made the usual stuffing for my husband, and stuffed mine with the spinach/mushroom mixture. I thought mine tasted better!

JoyfulC

abbey
Fri, May-09-03, 02:18
spread some camenbert cheese on the breast and some chives + maybe a little bacon

YUM!

Marlaine
Sat, May-17-03, 09:05
Originally posted by joyfulc
I arrange the stuffed breasts on a cookie sheet covered with oiled aluminum foil,

Just a little cooking hint for you. Check out Parchment Paper, in the same section of the grocery store as the foil. This is the most amazing stuff. Nothing sticks to it and it makes clean-up a breeze.

I don't like to cook anything on foil because of the leeching of aluminum into food.

Marlaine