PDA

View Full Version : Ode to a Benson & Hedges Special Ultra

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Janice
Wed, Mar-05-03, 13:27
Sweet cigarettes, adieu! For I am thru with you
No more will I bring your firm, filtered tip to my ready lips
Longing! I know my demon to be you; the butt, the smoke, the ciggie, the fag!
The fire in my throat, the wheeze in my chest, the foul, shitly taste on my tongue!
How I will miss you ....

It's day 2.

Janice

Demi
Sun, Mar-16-03, 05:05
How's it going - it's day 12 for you now, are you still a quitter? :D

Janice
Sun, Mar-16-03, 11:35
Uhhh..... I had a few pints (like, 6) and a few smokes (like 16) on Friday night. Felt oh so crappy yesterday! Disgusting! I think I almost needed that last binge to remind myself how revolting I feel the morning after smoking. And draught beer? Worse hangover than red wine!

How's your struggle going?

Janice

Demi
Mon, Mar-17-03, 06:34
Well, it's day 76 for me :D However, it hasn't all been plain sailing so I can sympathise. Have had to keep away from the booze mainly because I know that that would be my downfall, as the two definitely go hand in hand for me :( So, for the moment, I am abstaining - though that's not too great a sacrifice because low carbing and alcohol do not go together for me. The hangover is far, far worse on this woe, so I'm happy to steer clear :daze:

Good luck, hope you manage to break the habit :)