PDA

View Full Version : TTC LC buddy Group !!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

melanie 27
Mon, Mar-03-03, 16:32
Ok heres are first thread!!!
Georgia ~~~up & downs on charting do signal Annov cycles if theres never a clear Biphasic change.Loosing weight alone will help you ovulate on your own wether you have PCOS or not.I got sick Of Drs so I went streight to God for help & he showed me I needed to loose weight I was skipticle at first being human ya no lol but When I started Ovulating again I knew God did indeed speak to my heart!!!& Im thankful For one I listened & lost weight.All three of my Daughters were concieved after loosing weight so its a Big Plus for all us who need to loose weight!!

Welcome to all are TTC Buddies!!!

I'll post some personals after awhile I got a Headache..
I think Im going to O tonight.. :D

BrenSumner
Sat, Mar-22-03, 16:24
I posted this to the other thread.. but here it is again :)

I'm 32, DH is 41. We've been OTL for 6 years.. and started TTC in April. So far I'm on Gluchophage, and did 3 rounds of clomid. We're currently on a break until April 10th when we go back to the RE.

My RE visit was on the 20th (thursday) and this guys is suppose to be the best in the country. He suggested I lose a few pounds before trying to get pregnant, but DH and I don't want to wait very long due to our ages. I would like to get to about 275 before going back on clomid.. but sho knows what our next appointment will bring.

The doc also wants to increase my gluchophage to 2000mg of the regular stuff, which causes me tons of stomach problems. The last time I took it, I lost 50 pounds in just a few short weeks simply because food didn't stay with me. not exactly how I want to lose weight, but I'll take it anyway I can get it now!

He's pretty sure all it'll take for us to get PG is 150 mg clomid and an HCG booster shot. I responded well to 100mg of clomid.. I just didn't get pg

christyann
Wed, Mar-26-03, 16:42
Hey all,

Well, I'm hoping that this may be a good month! But with all the stress I'm under I have a sneaking suspicion that this is going to take a while. With the death of my gramma, ill health of other grandparents, school (teaching), AND now I have been subpoenaed to attend court as a material witness in a sexual abuse case (a student reported an abuse to me and named another teacher). Good Lord Almighty but I am beginning to think that my boring life is getting revenge on me! Add to all that the math that tells me I should ovulate right around this trial..hmmm; I kinda doubt it! :mad:

To top it all off it seems everyone around me is either pregnant or a new mommy. Anyone else think I'm going nutty? :rolleyes:

christyann
Thu, Apr-24-03, 12:08
Hey Melanie (and other TTC buddies)!!!!!

I just read my last post; and apparently my prayers have been answered! I AM PREGNANT! :D

Man, I just can't believe it! It just doesn't seem real yet.

I do have a huge question from you guys though: does anyone have tips on how to blend the lc lifestyle with a pregnancy? I know I can't continue what I was eating before; but there must be a happy medium between that and the 80 pound gain I'm worried about. I want to stay as healthy as I can for this baby!

Thanks in advance for the ideas.

GeorgiaB
Thu, Apr-24-03, 13:31
Congratulations Christyann! That's great news!

Thanks to LC, exercise, and a less stressful job, I'm having the most normal looking chart I've ever had, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for us too! ;)

I'd also be interested to hear what others have to say about combining LC and pregnancy. Perhaps you might want to up your carbs a little to give you more energy, but I don't see why you couldn't continue to eat in a healthy LC way the entire time. Maybe about 50-70 carbs a day?

Luisa777
Sat, Apr-26-03, 09:49
Hi christyann congratulations on your pregnancy!! about the lowcarb when pregnant I really don't have experience with it since when I was pregnant I spent the first 6 months with all day morning sickness and I actually lost weight, thank God that my baby is very healthy. I believe however that there is a forum for lc parents on this board and they may have good advise!!
good luck and God Bless! :wave:

Luisa777
Sat, Apr-26-03, 10:07
Hey I found this , maybe it will help!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101095

christyann
Mon, Apr-28-03, 11:57
Thaks Luisa! I'm heading over to check it out right now! :D

melanie 27
Mon, May-19-03, 13:09
After 4 yrs TTC IM PREGNANT!!!!EDD 1/29/04 :D

hysteria
Thu, May-22-03, 11:41
Congrats Melanie & Christy Ann
Best of luck to you both & have a H&H9M!!!!

:cheer: :cheer:

Sprite
Mon, May-26-03, 18:58
Melanie,
I just went to your web page and you are an inspiration to me. I too have PCOS and IBS and my husband and I are trying to have a baby. My husband has a problem in that department also so we have been going to an infertility clinic and that is where I found out I had PCOS. I always knew something just wasn't right. I was always tired and sometimes moody. My periods aren't regular also. I have a son from a previous relationship but want to have a child with my husband. If I hear 1 more person say to me 'oh well, at least you have 1 child'. I am going to scream!!

I pray that my IBS disappears also.

Well, my husband and I go for IVP in June. I'm so excited!!

Good luck to you and thank you for sharing your story and giving me hope!

Becki