PDA

View Full Version : Anyone taking Candistroy?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kaela
Sun, Mar-02-03, 11:42
I was thinking about getting Candistroy from iherb.com because it has an antifungal and a probiotic. I read the directions online and they said to take the antifungal and the probiotic together. Aren't you not supposed to do that b/c the antifungal kills the probiotic?? Or am I wrong. I know Jessea, you said that you are taking it How is it going and do you take them together? Anyone else have any experience with them?

jessea
Sun, Mar-02-03, 14:30
Yes, I take it. It seems really strong, and I know it is working. The last few times I took it, I experienced no die off symptoms. But now that I am on antibiotics, I am sure I am growing some of those critters back.

I DO NOT take them together. I take the anti-fungal at night, and the probiotic in the morning. I don't know why they tell you to take them together, but I have read everywhere that is a no-no.

I think it is a good product, the only drawback to it is the anti-fungals stick going down. I hate swallowing pills. I tried something called yeast cleanse prior to the Candistroy, and didn't find it worked that well.

Good luck!

-Jess

Kaela
Sun, Mar-02-03, 16:53
Thank you Jessea! And thank you for replying to my other post too! ;)
Well, that's great news that it works! I just ordered some and it should be here in a few days.
How will I know if it's working?

jessea
Sun, Mar-02-03, 19:30
You will know it's working if you feel sick. Kind of like a hangover, you know that dehydrated, headachey feeling. Then the itching starts. You know where. :o Itching in less embaressing places, too, like the scalp. You almost feel like you have the flu. It is not fun. If I were you, I would build up slowly, then you won't have the severe die off reactions. Take one tablet, for a few days, then go up to two, then three. You will still feel the itching, tho, but that is a good sign. You might have EXTREME cravings for sugar. That is the yeasties calling for food, don't feed them!!

Good Luck, let me know how you are doing!!!

-Jess