PDA

View Full Version : Slow and Steady means 50 Pounds Gone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LittleAnne
Sat, Mar-01-03, 02:49
Today I'm celebrating in more than just my journal! After almost 19 months I have lost 50 pounds. I'm just so pleased to have got there. I would never have been able to do it on a low fat diet as after the first 6 weeks I never lost any more weight. The reason being, I now know, is because I was putting my body into starvation mode. Hence having done that repeatedly I am pretty insulin resistent.

Well, now it is on to the next 50 pounds which I hope I will be able to lose in the same time span. My target for 2003 is to lose a total of 30 pounds. So far, 2 months in, I have lost 7. If I can maintain that then I could lose 42 pounds, but I think that unlikely, I'll take anything over 30.

Here are some pictures of me, the first in February 2002 and the second a couple of weeks ago. The difference in weight is just 25 pounds, but was really pleased with my progress.
http://www.myweb.cableone.net/karalow/littleanne.jpg

Zuleikaa
Sat, Mar-01-03, 08:38
Congratulations!!!!!

I know you feel great and you certainly deserve to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magicslr
Sat, Mar-01-03, 11:12
You are to be congratulated. After reading your story, I can see I am too impatient.

I can't wait to see your next "after" picture at the end of 2003.

Magicslr

jsandrock
Mon, Mar-31-03, 21:30
You are really a great inspiration - I am losing VERY VERY slowly and hoping that I can get to a much smaller size. But I am definitely a turtle so it's going to take quite awhile! I keep reminding myself that slow and steady does indeed make the race. I started 7 months ago wearing size 22's and now I'm getting into size 16 and a few 14's. (I refuse to get on the scale because if you only lose 1/4 lb a week it's too depressing!) My goal is size 10 pants, I'm one of those "pears" so if I can do that I'll be something teeny like a size 4 on top.

Anyway congratulations. How many pounds equals a stone? I used to know this English-American conversion but I've forgotten it.

Best,

jsandrock

Kayceecan
Mon, Mar-31-03, 23:10
:wave: Congrats Anne....

I'm a slow loser too....You've done great! I wish you more lost pounds!......KC

Miss Melis
Thu, Apr-03-03, 13:37
Anne!!!

Ho000rrrayyyy!!!

that is my motto too!! :hyper:

Slow and steady......

Daily -I remind myself it took me 10 years to get here... it will take me time to get it off!!! :)

Take Care and thanks for sharing! :wave:

M-

Auntie J
Thu, Apr-03-03, 14:10
Anne---It must be party time at your house ;) I am so happy for you, sometimes I think I'm the only one that thinks "slow & steady" is just fine! Keep up the good work! :wave: Marla

jers52
Sun, Apr-06-03, 19:32
I hope to follow in your footsteps - since just over 3 mo and 14# gone...

it will happen if I stick with this WOE!!

and I WILL!

Jan

BarbCA
Mon, Apr-14-03, 06:20
What a differnce. You're doing great and looking wonderful. Go girl!

Pugzilla
Tue, May-13-03, 12:53
Fantastic job! Well done! Your pictures show a big difference and you must feel wonderful!

All the best getting to your next goal! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Zora
Tue, May-20-03, 16:11
Anne, You look wonderful!! WOW, you can really tell the difference. You are quite an inspiration! Keep up the GREAT work!!!

gerriz
Sat, Jun-14-03, 19:01
Congratulation, you look great, bet you feel great too. You are an inspiration not to give up.