PDA

View Full Version : London, UK based doc??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

londongal
Tue, Feb-18-03, 16:59
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know or can recommend a diabetes doctor in London, England, who subscribes to Dr. Bernstein's theories? I am a Type 1 diabetic, who recently moved to England from New York, and the doctors I've experienced seem clueless as to advising me how to get my current poorly-controlled blood sugars into range.

Thanks! :roll:

kjturner
Tue, Feb-18-03, 23:56
Good luck finding an 'aware' doc across the pond. I hope you can find one. Frankly, I wouldn't hold your breath. You may have to take matters into your own hands and try things out yourself. If you can at least find a doc who'd be willing to work with you that would be a real help. If I listened to my doc I'd probably be on more meds now than when I started. Since I don't listen to him, and don't do the ADA (standard diabetic diet thing) I'm doing much better. I love the Bernstein way of controlling this thing and I'm making improvements, but my doc doesn't know about it--at least not yet. When I get myself med free, then I'll clue him in.