PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for lo-carb carrot cake?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bellaluna
Sat, Feb-15-03, 11:59
I LOVE carrot cake with cream cheese icing, I don't think there's anything better. I know the cake itself is quite dense, so I can't see why it would be hard to copy. Any suggestions?.......B :D

Karen
Sat, Feb-15-03, 13:09
Oh, zucchini, pork rinds almond meal...

The key to making it taste good is LOTS of cinnamon

We had a discussion quite a while back on carrot cake. Here's the link (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29172&highlight=carrot+cake). I gave up on using daikon and switched to shredded zuchinni that was squeezed dry instead.

Karen

bike2work
Tue, Feb-25-03, 12:31
Hi Karen,

I've been having carrot cake cravings lately and was glad to find your recipe, which I'll try this weekend. I noticed that the instructions have liquid sweeetener but the list of ingredients does not. Do you remember what you did? Also, what do I use as a substitute for that Brown Sugar Twin in the U.S.?

Thanks,

Nic

Karen
Tue, Feb-25-03, 13:05
Hello bike2work! Use 1 1/4 cups Splenda in place of all the sweeteners.

Karen

bellaluna
Sun, Mar-02-03, 11:43
Hello

Sorry it took so long for me to respond to your response. I don't eat pork so all of the pork rind recipies are not for me. Is there any other way to do carrot cake?....B :wave:

Karen
Sun, Mar-02-03, 14:59
The first recipe in the link posted above is a recipe for pork free carrot cake.

Karen