PDA

View Full Version : Donuts

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AfroBob
Thu, Jun-28-01, 22:45
Hello,

I found a recipe on mini low carb donuts and I wanted to know something about 100% soy protein isolate. I have everything to make the donuts except the protein isolate. Can I replace it with soy flour (35% protein)? Will it work and taste the same?

A Dozen Low Carb Mini-Donuts

1 Cup 100% soy protein isolate
3/4 Cup water (start with a half cup and see if you need more)
1 egg
2 Tablespoons sour cream
6 packets of Sweet N Low or other low carb sweetener
Cinnamon
Mix protein powder, egg, sour cream, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 3 packets sweetener and half a cup of water in a bowl. You want a texture that is comparable to cookie batter (you do remember what that's like don't you?) If you need more water to get the texture, add more...depends on how dense the protein powder is. You want to form a ball in your hand the size of a large egg and flatten it slightly. Fry in hot oil until dark golden brown. Drain on paper towels. When cooled slightly, put in a large plastic baggie with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 3 packets of sweetner. Shake to dust the donuts. These are best when still warm but still very good when cold. Should yield about a dozen more or less pending on size. Great with coffee or tea.