PDA

View Full Version : Mmmm Black Soy Beans

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

silvergrl
Fri, Feb-07-03, 15:45
Just wanted to share my black soy bean recipe. I tried this last night and it was verrrry good. I'm a big black bean fan and i've really missed having 'em.

1 Can Black Soy Beans (Eden Organics)
1 Can chicken broth
Jalapeno to taste
pepper
lime juice

simmer until chicken broth cooks down. Drain and add shredded pepper jack cheese....yum yum gimme some!

patnaude12
Tue, Nov-14-06, 18:13
Hi Silvergrl,

Just came across this recipe, thank you very much. I love black soy beans.

Carol :rose: :rose: :rose:

BlitzedAng
Tue, Nov-14-06, 20:53
The are great in chili.. :yum: :yum:

Angel

SadLady
Wed, Nov-15-06, 05:39
For someone that cooks black beans (Cuban style) from scratch, I must say that the soy black beans are surprisingly good. It took me a while to get the nerve to try them, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Tonymoo
Fri, Nov-24-06, 12:42
Try them in a black bean hummus - really good esp with some chopped coeiander (cilantro) and a pinch of cumin and chilli

patnaude12
Fri, Nov-24-06, 15:52
Hi Y'all,

Thank you so very much, I just love the ideas.

I have tried the "Mmmm Black Soy Beans" and they were delicious, I just have to remember to use them in recipes that ask for beans, I have already stocked up on them.

Carol :rose: :rose: :rose:

HalfPass
Fri, Nov-24-06, 18:48
I had a wonderful and QUICK bowl of chili tonight for Dinner. In a large sizes single serving bowl I put some grilled chicken strips. I added some black soybeans, a tablespoon or two of salsa and some chili powder. Mixed it all together, a little cheddar cheese on the top and microwaved the whole thing till hot, stir well and mmmmmm..it was really good. So good that I am looking forward to having it again tomorrow.