PDA

View Full Version : great crust for jello cheesecake!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

zima
Thu, Feb-06-03, 13:26
Hello,

I love my cheesecakes, but there is one thing I've been missing using the nut crusts and that is the buttery, crumbliness of the graham cracker crust. I think I've come up with a pretty good substitute that is really easy and tastes great!
I don't measure when I cook so this isn't percise...

about 1/4 cup butter
about 1 cup almond flour
about 1/4 to 1/2 cup splenda

melt butter in lg frying pan add almond flour and splenda. Mix and stir constantly until flour is golden brown. It will brown pretty fast but you don't want it over done. Mixture should be moist enough to pat into your cheese cake dish. Put in freezer to firm.
Enjoy, :wave: zima

lkonzelman
Thu, Feb-06-03, 14:48
I like crushed pecans w/ softened butter and splenda (then I pat on to the bottom of pie pan using a baggie on my hand.

Easy and tasty too.

pokey one
Fri, Feb-07-03, 14:26
I just used 1 cup almond flour and 2 TBSP (unsalted) butter and about 1/4 tsp salt. Mixed it in a skillet and toasted it until turned a little darker.

Pressed in pan with spoon (watchout--pie pan got hot!) and put in freezer to cool off while I made the LC cheesecake.

YUMMM!

Tried macadamia nuts, butter and splenda, but didn't like it as much. It was very strong tasting and overwhelmed the delicate cheesecake flavor.

Pokey One

zima
Fri, Feb-07-03, 14:31
Hi Pokey,
I'm glad you like it too, I think it is more similar to a graham cracker crust this way. :wave: Zima

pokey one
Fri, Feb-07-03, 14:55
Hi Zima,

Ya know, I was trying to think of what the almond crust reminded me of. You're absolutely right: graham cracker crust!

It's been so long since I ate a graham cracker that I just couldn't remember! LOL LOL LOL

Thanks for the note!

Pokey One

P.S. (there's another member here named Pokey)