PDA

View Full Version : Cream Cheese

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

quikdeb
Tue, Feb-04-03, 16:04
I was wondering if celery with cream cheese is acceptable as a CM? I'd appreciate the info. from anyone who knows.

Thanks..
Deb

PS Where is everyone? It's been so quiet!

slimmin
Tue, Feb-04-03, 17:23
I sure hope so, since I have it all the time! I think that it's even in my CAD book under sample CM menus.

quikdeb
Wed, Feb-05-03, 14:42
I was just wondering because my mom thought she read that it wasn't recommended as a frequent indulgence, but I can't find where she read it.

Also, I was wondering if it was enough protein (1gr.) to fulfill that component of the CM?

I love it for a quick breakfast so I hope it's ok.

Deb

plum
Thu, Feb-06-03, 15:57
p221 CAD has celery & cream cheese recipes, so must be ok :)

dfletcher
Fri, Feb-07-03, 20:12
Try wrapping the celery and cream cheeze stick in a slice of ham or beef - that will bring up the protien level, and tastes great.

Lila2002
Fri, Feb-07-03, 21:57
P181 of CALP under 'Craving-reducing breakfast alternatives' section they say...

"Fill celery with some cream cheese (this is pretty rich so don't do it every day)..."

This might be what your mom read.

Lila

skyspinner
Sat, Feb-08-03, 22:29
Both celery and cream cheese are listed as low-carb foods. Eat on!

quikdeb
Tue, Feb-11-03, 10:17
Thanks everyone for the help. I don't do anything everyday, so this shouldn't be a problem. The wrap is a great idea...sounds yummy!

Thanks again...

Deb :)