PDA

View Full Version : Plateau

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

downrgr
Tue, Jan-28-03, 21:53
I have been on Protein Power for 1 year. 1/14/2002 until present. I have lost 85lbs. of the 180lbs. that I would like tloose. Almost half-way. I have hit a plateau or what someone has told me as a stall. Can anyone explain this to me or what I should do. I am eating 30 or less carbs per day. It includes 3 ounces of chees per day. Is this too much. I quit eating sugar free jello because of the aspertame but do have a couple diet pepsi's a day along with about 70 ozs. of water. Please help. Any suggestions????
Thanx.....Greg......<*)}})>< :q:

Karen
Wed, Jan-29-03, 00:55
Congratulations Greg!

Don't sweat it! Plateaus are frustrating, but they're normal. It gives your body a chance to regroup. Here's an explanation (http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips008.html).

What you may want to do is play with your calories a bit. You could be eating at the same level as you were 85 lbs. ago when your caloric needs have reduced.

The problem is is that there is not one answer for everyone. If you think cheese could be a problem, reduce or nix the cheese for a while. In any case, there may be no movement for a while, so just hang tight.

Karen

downrgr
Wed, Jan-29-03, 20:02
Thanx Karen....I am really new to the site but it looks like there might be a lot of support in here. I have along ways to go and need to try a few different things. It has been fairly easy to stay on the plan but am really looking forward to being under 300lbs.

Greg.....<*)}})><