PDA

View Full Version : HELP NEEDED - Have Hit a STALL !!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tigra1965
Sat, Jan-25-03, 03:23
Hi Everyone

Dont panic I'm not coming off of CAD or even remotely thinking about it - but I need some good, sound advice from the CAD team.

I'm on day 25 of CAD and have to admit I'm still on 2 CM's and 1 RM a day and have not changed that since I started. I sometimes I hardly eat anything in my second CM, but I still feel that I need it there for a 'security blanket' really. Just in case !!!!

:q: My question is - I am on day 25, but apart from the first week when I did absolutely fabulously - I have not lost anymore weight. I seem to have hit a STALL - can anyone give me any help on how to get the weight loss moving again?

I have a holiday approaching in April and would like if possible to lose even another 7lb for this.

I have taken up exercise this week - I do boxercise once a week and also badminton once a week.

So I'm really at a loss as to why I'm stalling.

Any advice, ideas or constuctive critisism (think you spell it like that lol ) would be gratefully received.

bye for now and thanks :wave:

luv67fire
Sun, Jan-26-03, 13:12
Well, there are a few questions:

What do you normally have during your CMs? Any sugar-free stuff?

How much water are you drinking daily?

What time of the day do you have your RM? (as in, is it waaayyy late, or 6pm and earlier)

Are you exercising at all?

How much food do you have during your RM?

Tigra1965
Tue, Jan-28-03, 02:05
What do you normally have during your CMs? Any sugar-free stuff?

breakfast - eggs and bacon Lunch - salad with tuna, cheese and a slice of meat

How much water are you drinking daily?

Not as much as I would like because of my lessons at school - we are not allowed to take drinks into a class

What time of the day do you have your RM? (as in, is it waaayyy late, or 6pm and earlier)

I normally have this around 6-7pm

Are you exercising at all?

I have started boxercise once a week and badminton once a week - from last week that is

How much food do you have during your RM?

a proper meal and something sweet afterwards generally - but you can have a quick look in my journal if you dont mind popping over

I hope i have answered you questions enough Luv67fire, so that maybe you can give me some advice. Its 3 weeks now since I've had any weight loss and i would like to get it moving and hopefully loose a little more before my holidays in April. Thank you for helping out.

:wave:

tokenyanke
Tue, Jan-28-03, 15:29
Julie,

I was already exercising but just kept fluctuating and not actually losing. I increased my exercise and the first few days nothing happened. After that, I lost 2.5 # in just a few days and then hit another standstill last week. Now I've lost another 1.5# the past few days. Being that you've just started exercising, it might just be taking some time for it to register with your body. The first few days for me were the hardest cause I felt most like giving up and wondered if it was going to do me any good. Once the scales started moving down, though, I realized I just needed to be a bit more patient.

So, stick with it and add in exercise any time you are able to... even if it's just a short walk here and there. It all adds up!

Lila2002
Tue, Jan-28-03, 23:01
Julie,

I took a look at your journal and the weights that you had posted then did the weight averaging that Hellers suggest. There were a couple missing days, or maybe I just missed them. If you look from this perspective, it might help. I calculated each new week starting with monday -

Week 1 avg 223 (This was only 2 days, Sa & Su)
Week 2 avg 218.4
Week 3 avg 217.1
Week 4 avg 216.6
Week 5 avg 216 (This week, only 2 days)

What I see here is a clear downward trend - I don't see a prolonged stall. The exercise may help, and you might have quicker results with consistently well-balanced RM's, but overall it looks to me like you are making good progress.

Are swedes low-carb? I don't really know what they are, but all the root veggies I know of don't qualify as ok for CM's (carrots, onions, potatoes, beets...)

Lila

Tigra1965
Thu, Jan-30-03, 04:26
Hi Everyone

thank you for your replies and especially to Lila who really has put my weight loss into perspective for me.

I have not been calculating my weight like that every week, it seems I've been doing it wrong - I've been just dividing my weekly loss by 7 - not my actual weight.

Anyway to cut a long story short - I've got on the scales this morning and had a 2lb loss - YESSSSSSSSSSSSS :D

Mind you it could have been due to the boxercise 1 hour and the badminton 1 hour that I did last night. But who cares as long as its moving again.

Thank you all again

dfletcher
Fri, Feb-07-03, 20:27
Swedes are high carb.

Libbyfcr
Fri, Feb-07-03, 21:02
I have a couple of thoughts.....

Do you drink a lot of soda pop?
Do you chew gum?

Both of these things can deter your progress.

Also..... I am in total agreement on weighing in each day and doing your weekly averages. If you are seeing even a ONE pound loss each week then you are doing a wonderful job, AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!

Now, on a personal note... When I had problems with stalls I noticed that it was when I was actually NOT eating enough food. So, even now, if I am not hungry for breakfast I will eat something..... even if it is just one little old hard boiled egg. Seems to keep me on an even keel.

The other thing that helps me is keeping everything in a journal. Food, mood...... all kinds of things that affect me and my weight.

Best wishes,
:wave:
Libby