PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful chicken fingers-strips

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sue222
Thu, Jan-23-03, 10:05
I made a very fast and simple chicken strip dinner last night that everyone loved. This would also be great as finger food of Super bowl Sunday!

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 3 large strips
6 oz bag of pork rinds (I used Tangy BBQ)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
about ¼ cup mayonnaise

Preheat the oven to 425f
Crush the pork rinds in a food processor or in a bag with a rolling pin (a tin can works too). Mix the pork rind crumbs with the garlic and onion powders and spread out on a plate.

Put the mayonnaise on a second plate

Wash and pat dry the chicken. Lightly coat it with the mayonnaise and then roll in the pork rinds until well coated.

Bake on a oiled (Pam) coated cookie sheet for about 25 minutes, or until they are fully cooked. (I use a meat thermometer!)

I served them with Keto Ketchup and homemade BBQ sauce for dipping.

zima
Thu, Jan-23-03, 11:36
Hi Sue, :wave:

Aren't pork rinds great!!!!! A life saver for us.
I'm going to try the barbeque one for breading tonight. Thanks for the recipe, Zima

steveFL
Sat, May-08-04, 11:44
These are amazing! They taste great! Thanks for the idea!

spanky6752
Mon, Jan-10-05, 19:35
love pok skins, but the bbq ones have sugar on them. they have always been my chip of choice even before atkins. But i have only eaten the plain ones now. thanks ......spanky6752 :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sharlay
Tue, Jan-11-05, 17:22
sounds great!

Huskerchic
Fri, Jan-14-05, 15:47
I made these last PM and they were pretty good.

Next time though, I'm will eat them fresh out of the oven. When I had them they had sat for about 3 hours and they were kinda soggy. So I put them on a bed of lettuce and and sprinkled cheese over them and nuked 'em, but they still were not bad. I "kicked it up" and put Cayenne Pepper in the ground up pork rinds !

soulmia
Fri, May-19-06, 06:46
what can one add if you dont have pork rinds??
we dont get them in india

refmls
Tue, May-23-06, 13:43
Try the parmesan cheese in the green can (grated, very dry, the cheaper the better for this).

imlosingit
Fri, Jun-30-06, 09:48
For the ones that have tried this recipe, if you don't like pork rinds, do you still like this recipe? Just wondering if crushing them and mixing them makes them taste different. (and smell better too!)

imlosingit
Sun, Jul-02-06, 08:55
anyone know?

imlosingit
Wed, Jul-05-06, 22:37
Made these, I didn't like them. My dh really liked them but that's because he likes pork rinds, I don't. I wish I did. It would be such a great crunchy snack and coating.

LadyBelle
Thu, Jul-06-06, 06:25
imlosingit- I found that if you let the pork rinds age a little, they tend to loose some of thier strong taste and smell. Kind of letting them go stale a touch. Also the brand used sometimes can make a difference.

imlosingit
Thu, Jul-06-06, 09:51
Thanks for the tip LadyBelle. I may try it again, someday. :)

bennett77
Fri, Jul-07-06, 02:09
thanks for the recipe

betharoo0
Tue, Aug-01-06, 14:35
yum! OH MY GOSH, there is no way I can fail this time! My kids LOVE homemade chix fingers and I don't have to tell em' they are made with pork rinds! THanks for the great recipe! :D :yum:

ImOnMyWay
Tue, Apr-02-13, 23:00
I made this with spicy pork rinds and it was xlnt! had it with a salad of lettuce, tomato, scallion and ranch dressing. Try it: you'll love it.

sexym2
Wed, Apr-03-13, 06:46
Cooking the pork rinds change their tast a lot. I actually mix the regular and the spicy pork rinds when I grind them up. I don't oven bake them, I fry chicken nuggets, but you really don't taste the pork rind any more and its not even spicy after I fry them.

Parmason cheese puts a nice crispy crust on meats too.