PDA

View Full Version : Nutrasweet

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LeonieAlex
Mon, Jan-20-03, 14:28
On this site somewhere it said you could use the Cadbury lite choc. at coles. I brought it however it does have nutrasweet in it is that ok. I thought Splenda was better however is nutrasweet ok to use in cooking.

thanks Leonie

Karen
Mon, Jan-20-03, 15:03
If you mean by cooking that you are heating something that contains aspartame, no, it can't be heated for prolonged periods of time.

Some people avoid Nutrasweet - it's another name for aspartame -like the plague. However this is a personal choice. I don't use it.

If you want to find out more information to come to an educated conlusion, do an internet search. There are pros and cons to the argument. There is also a great article on sweeteners in Low Carb Tips at the top of the page.

Karen