PDA

View Full Version : what is Armor

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LadyBug555
Sun, Jan-19-03, 18:03
What IS Armor???????? :confused:

wannabefit
Sun, Jan-19-03, 19:19
Hi Ladybug,

I am on Armour thyroid medication prescribed by my doctor who is an endocrinologist believing in natural alternatives when possible, and I am being treated for hypothyroidism. I don't understand it all, but from my research I think I have found out that Armour thyroid is a natural thyroid hormone replacement medication that corrects T3 and T4, whereas Synthroid is a synthetic medication treating only T3.

All's I know is after being on steadily increased doses of Armour thyoid for 6 months now, I am still not reaping any benifits. I started out on 30mg a day and am now up to 210mg a day and still have not lost weight nor noticed any improvements in how I feel. My doctor says he may have to take me to the highest dose which is 300mg per day, meaning that perhaps my thyroid is worth a whole lot of nothin' by itself. I don't know!

So I know low carbing is good for hypos and I try to eat accordingly. I have also recently been researching coconut oil and its virtues and have purchased some to try. There is so much to learn out there!

Take care and God Bless.

LadyBug555
Sun, Jan-19-03, 21:32
whew! I hope it works better for you!
Thanks