PDA

View Full Version : Omg! I'm Hooked!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sillychili
Fri, Jan-17-03, 15:38
I can't believe how incredibly energetic I am feeling...sure I get pooped afater I work out BUT..I feel great all day long..walk taller..I even have a little wiggle goin on..LOL Woo hoo! So here I am after only 6 weeks..gosh is that all?..Okay alright I am a bit impatient but it only make s me work harder. I need to document this..especially since my results are so incredible..who'd a thunk? First week of December I started working out V-E-R-Y slowly. I would even prop my clipboard up against a machine so I wouldn't have to bend all the way over to pick it up :D ! I began doing 6 minutes on a pedal thing that you have to move your both your arms and legs for 6 minutes...no p[ain in my legs but I had problems sitting and stretching to complete the movements! I was dizzy when I got off too. Then the pull backs and the opposite ones. I was feeling it all in the wrong places using 15 pounds and one set of 12 and the opposite one 5 pounds and one set of 12. Back would tighten between the shoulder blades which is my most painful area with Fibromyalgia. Same thing on the underhand pull downs using 10 pounds and one set. Ditton on the overhead pull downs 20 pounds one set. Then an easy one one ste of squats using 3 resistence bands..and then the one where you lock your legs and go from toes to heels hanging over...I can do those:) But then again I have these stocky little legs carrying me around too! Okay I think I will finish here and add my new improved routine tonight. Oh yeah..I worked out the month of December 3-4 times a week and had an eval on January 13 and lost just under 1% body fat and maybe 2 pounds..I was not impressed...mostly because being on Glucophage AND using new eating habits..I expected more. BUT now that I write this..It has not been long enough! I need to cut my self some slack here. I am going in search of a Protein Power book this weekend and in tonights post I will write about my new work out schedule and the incredible changes I have had!! :wave: See ya tonight!

Sillychili
Tue, Jan-21-03, 18:55
This is scary...I can't remember what my last measurements were but I will add them when I can access them at the gym.. I have already worked out today so I may be all bulked up :p LOL!
boobalas= 43 inches
waist = 35
hippos= 40

Boy o boy ain't that a vision of perfection...

I increased my workout AGAIN! First I should write what my new routine was/is.
cardio bike with arm wheels increased to 10 mintes.
same as before but 2 sets of each and with the squats one band added making it 4 now.

NEW STUFF
Crunches 2 sets of 12
hip lifts 2 sets of 12
chop and turn thingys 5 pounds 2 sets of 12

EFX weird oval movement like stair stepper 3 minutes..and I feel every second of it!

Impatient to increase so I figured I would increase on my own since I am now working out everyday!

Today I did cardio arms and leg cycle= 20 minutes..WOO HOO...I think I need to jump on my dusty ol bike and hit the road soon...I think I can go more than my usual 10 feet now...LOL

increased everything to 3 sets with no major complaints...JUST had to be real careful when woking my arms ..kept feeling my neck knot up..don't want to hurt anymore so I think I took care of it my focusing and repostioning my arms at my sides...and holding my abs tight.

Same ol 30 aqua routine cardio and resistence as well as crunches ...wonderful stretches and "dangling" then in front of the jets for 10 minutes. Can't wait to try the wave machine and swim against it...maybe next month I will ask the "wellness" gal to show me how to harness on and work it without drowning.

:bhug: I am so proud of myself...even got an a on my first homework assignment! This old dog IS learning new tricks! Decided what to eat on my birthday! A corner peice of birthday cake with those thick frosting flowers made out of the crisco and powder sugar creamed frosting..yum then after I scrape the top I add a little bit of vanilla ice cream and an equal amount od cherry jello...smoosh it together and voila! The perfect present...and I bet I won't want it again til next year...

Sillychili
Tue, Jan-21-03, 20:15
just testing this link thingyhttp://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Sillychili

icedancer
Tue, Jan-21-03, 20:30
Hey there,

Told you I visit at dinner time! First off I'd like to congradulate you for a) starting this WOL, b) doing the journal thing c) getting great results!

The journal you'll appreciate more in the coming months than now, you'll be able to see where you came from and marvel at your own progress this way.

boobalas= 43 inches

You might ask Nat, but it seems to me that lot's of the ladies measure just under the bust..... maybe cause it's that layer of fat that shows the progress, and sometimes it seems on the LC way the the bust will actually "increase", any way take that for what it is, an "outsiders" point of view.

It does sound like what with your "condition" you are approaching this very good, remember, slow and steady is what we all want, not just you! That is something I have a lot of problems with because I'm real impatient! So sometimes in my impatience I get so out of focus and I do stupid things, and then I notice it several months later..... and have to start all over again.... this time I've decided, I'll be patient with myself, and I am not stopping this WOE or WOL until I am at my goal weight!

Any way, it doesn't really matter if you don't know the names of all the exercises, I've never been much good at that either. The important thing is to do them, and to do them correctly with the right amount of weight on them. It does sound like you have a trainer that can help you with that, that is the best thing you can do, learn from the pros, and there are many more better quaulified for that sort advice than me, TrainerDan comes springing to mind. He's on the forum a lot!

Any way just be patient with yourself, you didn't get where you are over night you know, so just keep it slow and steady and you'll see the results!

Bye for now!

Carl

Sillychili
Wed, Jan-22-03, 17:45
I got a copy of my beginning stats so I think I should add them here before I forget em! I also need to measure wearing the blue floral swimsuit so everything will be accurate.

B/P=134/88
HR=98
O2sat=97

chest/back=42.75
bust/chest=44.75
navel 2"+=40
navel=39
navel 2"-+43.75
hips=44
rt thigh=25.5
lt thigh=24.5
rt arm=13.75
lt arm=13

hand dynamometer right=30.68
left=28.59

reach and scratch right=-5
left=-7.5

hamstrings poor

sit and reach tight.

tonight I will suit up and retake measurements.

Bad sinus headache at 3 am..meds may have fatigued me...almost missed my workout. Went anyway. Still very tired..calss tonight need nap!

Sillychili
Thu, Jan-23-03, 01:08
grand total 314.5 inches
from last months grand total of 331 inches equals 16.5 inches...is this good? I have no idea.

icedancer
Thu, Feb-27-03, 23:12
Any progress lately? I've been so busy between work and skating that I haven't had much time to keep up with every body!

Well, I saw you post in my gym log and came here to chat with you but can't remember what you asked me.... duh, I'm tired and should go to bed.

I'll check back with you tomorrow!

later,

Jusbecause
Fri, Feb-28-03, 09:11
Sillychili,

Nice photo of the dog, is it yours? What's his name.

Anyway.... Your doing great but haven't posted for awhile, I'm new here, just reading the forums....

Are you still here? Give us an update... Waiting to hear all about it.. Justbecause, Rebecca

Sillychili
Wed, Mar-05-03, 00:46
Wow I got replys! LOL I forgot what an open book I have been! My dog is all mine all 119 pounds..she is up 10 pounds from last year:(...And I am doing well too..but my scale is going the other way! I have not been working out at all for one week! I had something happen to my neck and it was causing major pain..funny that the workouts did not seem to bother it. But the pain was just fatiguing be beyond belief...I was even too tired to eat right. I lost a couple of more pounds but probably water only. But I have been pain free since Saturday the 1st! I had to have an MRI and have not heard the results yet. I am going to go back to the gym tomorrow. I bought a new weight bench and stuff...puy em right in the middle of my living room! Best place for them! My son had a hissy fit because they block the TV...LOL...good thing I have my own TV in my bedroom! Mom's rule! :cool: Can't wait till Thursday gonna celebrate my Birthday in style! Lobster butter and cake! The kind of cake with crisco and powder sugar frosting! :yum: I need to go refresh my stats..I love doing that! It's slow but steady..gonna go buy new clotes too...Happy birtjhday to me! My pants are too bigee...happy birthday dear sillychili...happpy birthday to me! :bday:

Rosebud
Wed, Mar-05-03, 20:50
Hi Sillychili, just dropping in to say:

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/travesmilies/smilie_happyb.gif

Hope you have a wonderful day!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

LittleAnne
Thu, Mar-06-03, 02:40
Hi Sillichili

Its your birthday. I wish you a wonderful day.

http://161.58.187.13/client/ftd/greetings/cards/ftdst1011.gif

Sillychili
Fri, Apr-01-05, 23:45
I can't believe how different I am now..that girl who was posting..was that me? I am recovering from a tailspin that lasted a year and a half...just now feeling better..enough to go to the gym and start swimming again. Different gym and this one has lap lanes:) First day back was yesterday...wnet clothes shopping today..ack! I think I will stick to my yoga pants and hoodies for awhile..but when summer comes I better be able to wear my old shorts and tanks..they are waitng patiently.
For now I am just going to keep it simple..swim every other day...stretch only on off days..focus on diet...breathing..feeling better and enjoying pain free days:)
U go girl!
Me