PDA

View Full Version : I'm in New Hampshire...next door

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

hotjam
Thu, Jan-16-03, 11:51
hello,,, vermonter,,, I am just starting also.... my name is CoCo and I am excited to begin this tour with mt gym work outs.... hope it all blends together,, we can support each other..

I dont yet know how many carbs I need in a day.. have you got that all figured out?

If anyone know.. that would be great... I am 5'5" and 170 if that helps..

thankyou all for this sight! it is great....wish us well....

Lessara
Tue, Jan-28-03, 12:30
Hi, There is another tread in here for NH, drop by and say Hi!
I'm in Manchester, Where are you?
I'm currently doing Carbohydrate Addicts Lifestyle Plan.

hotjam
Tue, Jan-28-03, 13:07
Hey! Lassara,, how are you,,,? I am up in Claremont about 22 miles west of Lake Sunapee...
I am doing the Dr. Atkins... its been up and down for me... I was in Ketosis for two days at mod. then went down to a trace,, lost 6 lbs and gained 3..... lost 2 lbs and gained 2......up and down up and down... I just dont know..

I go to the gym 3 times a week and do the cardio and weights.. for the sculpting of ones body after hitting 52 it needs it.. and to get into shape... for summer.

Thankyou for sending me a note.. it was very nice. How long have you been low-carbing....? Im only on my third week....

DarkLotus
Tue, Jan-28-03, 15:28
Ok, hotjam I think this is what you were referring to on the other thread. Let's see...you're doing Atkins and you're in your third week. Questions for you:
1. Have you read the book? the book tell you to eat 20 carbs (not less) per day from the allowed food list. After 2 weeks you go on to OWL, where you add 5 carbs per week of a foodgroup per the book.
2. Have you stayed in induction or moved on to OWL?

I've got friends up in Stowe, VT, they say there's about 5 feet of snow on the ground! :eek: Hope you're doing well with atkins! Ask questions if you have em!

Lessara
Tue, Feb-04-03, 12:09
I've been low carbing on and off for about a year and a half.
I found I need to stay low carb to remain healthy so I don't need medications for things like asthma and anxiety. When I eat carbs regularly those conditions come back. :thdown:
I wish I could go to the gym more, but my roommate is a manager for HR Block and doesn't have the time to go, and he's my ride. I can't get there otherwise. I've been dancing a half hour a day to keep my stamina up between long awaited visits. :D