PDA

View Full Version : 11 days and counting

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pbastian
Sun, Jan-12-03, 08:44
I posted earlier on the Atkins site, looking for lc'ers who are also quitting the nic habit, then found all of you! What a nice surprise.

After a year of on-again, off-again attempts at weight loss and smoking cessation (mostly off!) I went back on Atkins AND quit smoking - figured if I had to be miserable, I might as well do it in a BIG way. 11 days and counting - yay!

I'm using the patch, so the cravings are minimal. When I get a REALLY intense desire to smoke (usually under stress) I chew some nic gum.

I hope my metabolism will get sorted out when it resigns itself to no more cigs.

Any thoughts (pros and cons) re long-term use of low-level patches? I've quit so many times before that I really wonder about using patches in a maintenance sort of way. Or gum....

Good luck to all of you - this isn't easy, but what a wonderful thing we're doing for ourselves. Strength and Courage!!