PDA

View Full Version : Metabolife questions....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

alexis143
Sun, Jan-05-03, 13:33
Hi, I recently started Atkins on 12-30-02, I am also taking Metabolife. I've lost 11 pounds so far. Does anyone have experience with ephedrine related products and have had fast results? My goal is to weigh 100 pounds by June, that 6 months from now; about 9 to 10 pounds to lose a month. I know that healthy weight loss is supposed to be 2 pounds a week, does my goal seem unrealistic? Even if I am taking Metabolife, and staying away from carbs? I have a friend who has always been very overweight, about 250 and she's only 5'1. She started taking Metablolife 7 months ago and has lost 80 pounds so far. Is she a rare case? Or does this product usually work this fast?
Thanks for help if someone can give it!
Alexis

Natrushka
Sun, Jan-05-03, 15:43
Alexis, check out the thread at the top of the general exercise forum about ECA stacks and thermogenics - there's a tonne of information there.

Having a schedule for fat loss in pretty unavoidable when you start off. Just keep in mind that your body is in charge of this and if it's not prepared to lose 100 lbs by a specific date then it's not going to happen. Don't set goals that will leave you feeling misearble, is what I'm trying to say.

Getting the fat off is something we all want, but keeping it off should be our main goal. Losing fat is pretty easy; many of us have done it, a few times ;) Keeping it off is what's tough. Losing slower means you learn how to eat differently and you learn how to maintain the loss.

As for metabolife and ECA stacks in general, yes they work, and yes they can be dangerous if used improperly. All this is outlined in the thread in the General Exercise forum. But there is no magic pill. It's a lot of hard work and determination.

All the best,
Nat

Memphis260
Tue, Jan-07-03, 18:18
I have to agree with Nat, (who doesnt agree with Nat) Metabolife has worked great for me. I took it before a cruise and lost 17 lbs without even stepping foot in the gym. The problem is that you have to change the way you put food into your mouth.
I took two caps before each meal and that was it. Most of the time I did not take any after lunch because you have a hard time falling asleep. Currently I am taking Metabolife only in the morning when your metabolism is at its peak to lose weight. The product does work but it is a precursor to speed.
With that said, hope you find it to work for you. how tall are you? 100 lbs is kinda skinny dont you think? Low carb eating and muscle tone may get you to 115-120 but it is a healthy weight. anyway, i am not a Dr. but college football for 5 years and have seen what happens when you go for the quick fix instead of long term goals.

good luck to you, join a forum or thread, the people here are great.. :roll:

alexis143
Tue, Jan-07-03, 18:47
That's great that it worked for you! I think it's working for me too, my jeans are loose on my legs. :) To answer your question, I am 5'2, so my healthy weight (my doc. tells me) is anywhere from 103-136. I used to weigh 100, before I got pregnant, and I like how I looked then. So, do you think that I won't lose 2.5 pounds a week? Or 2? I have three friends who took it and all lost weight fast, and they've kept it off. I'm going to keep at it, and hopefully it will keep working. Thanks for your reply!
Alexis :roll:

Memphis260
Wed, Jan-08-03, 18:35
In my opinion if you are following the Atkins WOE and taking the metabo, you should lose more than that. It should fall off like nothing, may slow down a little but you should see results in a hurry. Just be sure to not put any sugar in your mouth and dont fall into the temptation of the breads and pastas. talk to you later