PDA

View Full Version : Been on CAD for 7 days

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GoodTxGirl
Thu, Jan-02-03, 09:27
It has not been terribly hard to this point and I have lost 4 pounds but alot of people have said "its just water weight" so Im not feeling very encouraged yet :) I know the book says not to listen to those people though. Even though Im a working mom I have found that what helps me is to prepare on the weekend, then Im not caught off guard and tempted to eat "off plan" during the week......I have also discovered that I have lost my desire for sweets (has anybody else had this happen?)...even chocolate didn't taste good to me last night......What I need the most is some food ideas or recipes...the stuff I have been eating over the last 7 days is getting terribly boring :) :help:

GoodTxGirl
Thu, Jan-02-03, 09:59
I am not big into breakfast and over the last 7 days I have really not been hungry until lunch time...is it a bad thing to only be eating two meals a day - CM at lunch and RM at dinner ? I usually have my one cup of coffee in the morning and thats all I want.....should I try to force myself to eat something in the morning even if Im not hungry ?

locarbarb
Thu, Jan-02-03, 11:31
Hi everybody,

I have been on CALP for about a month now and was very sceptical at first. But I've lost 12 pounds so far!

The way I do it is I eat three meals all consisting of protein (at least 6 oz) plus a veggie and a protrein snack if I need it like a piece of cheese.

For dinner I add in some carbs like I'll have a couple of turkey sandwiches on whole wheat bread and a piece of fruit. If I'm still hungry I have more fruit WITH protein like a cup of cottage cheese with an apple cut up in it and some wheat germ on top.

And I walk at least an hour everyday. And I drink water all day long (no diet soda).

So far, I haven't binged in a month and for me, this is a MIRACLE! Whenever I feel the urge, I remember I'll have a nice, filling, tasty dinner.

But also, I must say, I gave up eating sugar quite a while ago so my taste for it has diminished enormously. I just couldn't stand those cravings anymore. And without sugar, years of depression and anxiety have lifted! Just from not eating sugar! I SWEAR!

This all may sound kind of prudent but I've been working on changing my eating habits for quite some time (years, actually).

I find, its three steps up, two steps back, if you know what I mean. :roll:

Anyhow, I hope this helps. So far, I'm doing quite well.

Barbara

1pepper
Thu, Jan-02-03, 11:41
Congrats and welcome. That is fantastic about the weight lose. Why don't you post a menu so we can see if we can help with the varieties of food you are eating. Also , if you are not hungry at breakfast you do not have to eat. I usually don't eat till about 10:00 in the morning and have a good size breakfast. Just make sure you drink your coffee within 15min. as stated in the book. It's good to have another Texas gal around here. :D Have a great day.

Amy

GoodTxGirl
Thu, Jan-02-03, 12:55
Thanks Pepper and Barb.....I really want to stay motivated and it is getting really hard....though its only been 7 days here is what im eating:

Occasionally for breakfast I will eat a scrambled egg and a couple of pieces of bacon (I usually can't even look at food until I have been at work for a while, so I eat the pre-cooked bacon (heated in the microwave and scramble my egg and cook in the microwave) ... or I might have some cottage cheese (but since IM doing CAD, no fruit with my cottage cheese)

Lunch has been mostly salads...either a chef sald, a grilled chicken caesar salad or chicken salad (recipe from the book)...I can't really find stuff I can take to work for my lunch that is not carbs...

Of course I live for my reward dinners ha!

1pepper
Thu, Jan-02-03, 16:48
Here are some of the things I cook on Monday and reheat for my lunch during the week.
Chicken tenders(no breading dipped in ranch)
Fried chicken thighs(no breading)
Sauted cabbage in some leftover bacon oil(yummy)
Sauted asparagus
Tuna salad
Egg salad
Roast beef rolled up in baby swiss with a pickle in the middle(Yummy)

My favorite thing is sauted chicken tenders with cabbage. It is very fillling to me. I may have a piece of cheese with it also. I was really bored with lettuce so I tried hot lunches and I like them a lot better. My vege staples are cabbage and asparagus. I know it is not much, but I hope this helps.

Amy

GoodTxGirl
Fri, Jan-03-03, 07:49
Those are some great ideas....I really like the rolled up roast beef, swiss and pickle idea...I will definitely have that :) And I like chicken tenders and cabbage, I never thought of that ! Thanks again!

Libbyfcr
Fri, Jan-03-03, 08:13
It has not been terribly hard to this point and I have lost 4 pounds but alot of people have said "its just water weight" so Im not feeling very encouraged yet

Yeah yeah yeah....... just water weight. I betcha wouldn't have lost 4 pounds of "water weight" if you didn't start your LC plan. HA! Congratulations and continued success!

Now....about eating breakfast. I have found that I actually do MUCH better if I eat something for breakfast. I actually LOOSE more weight if I have three meals a day and not two. Don't deprive your body for too long, it won't like it. Even if you eat something small for breakfast, which is what I do even if I am not hungry for it.......at least I try. Have a piece of cheese or a hardboiled egg or warm up some leftover veggies...... or cottage cheese. These are all very easy things to prepare, they aren't much of a meal, but at least you are having a little something to hold you over until lunch. This makes a huge difference for me.

:wave: Libby

GoodTxGirl
Fri, Jan-03-03, 08:31
You guys are such great motivators for me......thanks for the ideas Libby....I guess I could probably handle some string cheese or something like that :) Might not taste too good with my morning coffee but hey, at least its something :)

Sandylee
Sat, Jan-04-03, 03:54
Hi, I'm new to CAD too. I just finished up three days. I am still pretty hungry during the day, but it is getting better each day. I will be very happy if this works for me, as after a couple of months on Atkins I got very bored with the food. With the reward meals it is always pretty easy to wait until dinner. And now I have something to really look forward to all day! I love that!!!!

Sandy

p.s. Did anyone ever notice that Texas is always spelled with an exclamation point or three on this forum? LOL

Libbyfcr
Sat, Jan-04-03, 08:46
p.s. Did anyone ever notice that Texas is always spelled with an exclamation point or three on this forum? LOL Oh..... you are right! LOL

GoodTxGirl
Mon, Jan-06-03, 07:49
Those of us from Texas know why it has the exclamations *wink* hahahaha :D

RagedyAnna
Thu, Jan-09-03, 16:17
Hi! I just started CAD this morning. I think it is going to be pretty easy. I had followed Atkins 2 years ago and did really well, losing 33 lbs in 4 months. But, I wanted something a little easier to follow, and I'm sure this is it! Mainly because I can enjoy dinner with my bf instead of eating different stuff.

Can you chack my menu for today?

BF - hamburger paty with 1 slice cheese and mustard, 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Lunch - chef's salad with homemade dressing (mayo, vinegar, seasonings), sf jello

Dinner - starter salad, steak, 1 stuffed potato, green beans

NO SNACKS!
LOTS OF H2O!

I am looking forward to this BB dedicated to CAD.

Tigra1965
Fri, Jan-10-03, 03:03
this looks fine to me ragedyanne.

the only thing I am unsure about is the SF jello at lunch time - but I'm sure someone else on here can set you right about that.

If it was me I would have left it for my reward meal - but please ask someone else cos I could be wrong.

good luck

plum
Fri, Jan-10-03, 04:02
welcome Raggedyanna
the CAD says ok to SF jello and whipped cream at CM.. I would just see how you feel with it. Same as the cottage cheese.... if it causes rebound hunger in you then give it a miss.

I found out quite early on that cottage cheese is not good for me :( but may suit another perfectly Are you journaling ? its really useful to identify what youre reacting to.....

BTW, thats a lovely picture....... :thup: