PDA

View Full Version : Hello! first time here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Luisa777
Wed, Jan-01-03, 22:54
Hi, my name is Luisa I am 22 years old and I was diagnosed when I was 17. I am a mom to a beautiful 9 month old baby girl whom is a miracle to us. After the birth of my daughter my PCOS symptoms have gotten a lot worse and low fat dieting just does not work, so I decided to give low-carving a try! hopefully it will work.
Take care everyone :wave:

jlholmes
Wed, Jan-01-03, 23:09
Welcome! Low carbing is light at the end of the tunnel! I start back officially tomm. so I wanted to wish you luck as well!
Hang in there!
Jessica

Luisa777
Fri, Jan-03-03, 14:36
Thanks Jessica!
good luck to us! :wave:

videofx101
Sat, Jan-04-03, 17:34
Hi Luisa!

I, too, have PCOS and have just gotten started with LB for a second time in two years. I was fairly successful the first time in losing some weight but fell to too many fruits because it was summertime, then caved in to everything else within a week or two.

I have modified the Atkins plan somewhat and so far, so good.

My doc has me on spironolactin for the PCOS. It's a mild diuretic which helps balance the hormones somehow. It has cleared up my acne, helped with other symptoms as well. Also, Raspberry Leaf Tea seems to help rest my thyroid so it can do it's job better. I had been bombarding it with carbs and it was just tired and couldn't do what it's supposed to do. Now I have more energy and might attribute part of that to the tea, part to the low coar woe.

Anyways, best wishes for you...post me line from time to time if you'd like. And congratulations on your beautiful miracle baby!

Videochick

Luisa777
Sat, Jan-04-03, 21:49
thanks! videochic and good luck to you too
I will post from time to time, I check this board all the time but it seems to be kind of slow. I have posted some questions but still noone has answered them. oh well we'll have to wait... but good luck to you too and let me know how you do
take care :wave: