PDA

View Full Version : NO Glucophage for 1 week! Yikes!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sillychili
Mon, Dec-30-02, 13:42
I am wondering if anyone has stopped taking their Glucophage? Either by choice or accident. I was diagnosed with PCOS related Insulin Resistent Diabetes (IRD) in November 20 and started on a low dose of 500 mg. Glocophage XR every day. I noticed by Christnas I had dropped 12 pounds..was not craving AND was actually going to the gym 3-4 times a week! BUT..always a wrench to be tossed in...There was some confusion with the pharmacy who was to mail my meds on an auto program and when I ran out they had not mailed them yet...then the holidays and here I am over a week later and without Glucophage! I noticed about 2 days after my last dose that I was falling asleep around 6 pm while visiting with my pop! Now I need to actually take a nap around 4pm! I am still working out 4 times a week...but am worried because since I was feeling so much better I decided to go back to college and work on a second career...semester starts January 14! I am stressing because I am taking a full load and wondering if it is actually my lack od Glucophage or something else. I have multiple diagnosis and until Novemeber had poor control over my bi polar, hoshimotos, and fibromyalgia symptoms. I feel like I finally had (have) everything under control...I really don't want to complain here...just a reassurance that it is the lack of Glucophage and not something else flaring up. I have worked hard over the past year (after laying in bed for 7 years) to be my own advocate and push doctors into taking tests and seeing an endocrinologist. If anyone has any experiences similar to mine to share I would love to hear about them! Just reading these threads often gives me the little bit of hope and encouragement I need! Happy Holidays to all and I hope the New Year brings you all health and happiness. :Party:

freydis
Fri, Jan-03-03, 16:02
It's the glucophage. Poor control of blood sugars will make a person sleepy, especially after eating. Get your meds and worry not. :roll: