PDA

View Full Version : Classic Baked Lemon Cheesecake

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LittleAnne
Mon, Dec-30-02, 07:52
Yet another recipe for a cheesecake. This was wonderful.
The recipe says it comes from Lindy's restaurant in New York. It has a lovely delicate lemon flavour.

Base
4 oz cake crumbs - I used 2 oz of ground almonds instead

Filling
Grated rind of l lemon
Grated rind of 1/2 orange (omitted this)
12 oz cream cheese
vanilla essence 1/2 teaspoon
3 fl oz double cream
3.5 oz sugar - I used 10 g of artifical sweetner (Hermasetas granular)
2 eggs
1 tablespoon sour cream - can add lemon juice to double cream to do this, leave for 30 minutes to thicken
1 oz single cream - I used more double cream

Method
Grease a 8 inch shallow tin with butter and press the ground almonds into it to form the base.

Beat the cream cheese with the vanilla essence, lemon and orange rind until smooth. Blend in the double cream and artifical sweetner. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in the sour and single cream.

Pour into tin and place cake tin in a large pan of boiling water. Bake in the oven for 1 hour at 190 C or 375 F, gas mark 5, until the centre of the cake is set. Cool on rack for 10 minutes in the tin and then unmould while still hot. Cool thoroughly.

Serves 4 - 6

Fitday information - For whole cake

Calories - 2343 kcal
Fat - 123 g
Carbohydrate - 27 g
Protein - 54 g