PDA

View Full Version : Did you see ACA today 30-12-2002

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LC_Dave
Mon, Dec-30-02, 02:00
I just saw A Current Affair, and the story about Noel, the man suffering from obesity.

The bloke was 245 kg and basically bedridden.

It was a really sad program.

Scared the s&&&t out of me!

Dave
Oh and hi to everyone! I'm baaack! (Hi Rose!)

Fergus
Tue, Dec-31-02, 23:59
Yeah, I saw it and felt really sorry for the bloke. I know that's a lot of weight (250kg?) but I actually would have guessed he was heavier than that. Isn't it sad how we can mentally condition ourselves to just living through such a torment. This is surely his last chance.

I can't wait to see if he succeeds on the proposed doctor's diet.

LC_Dave
Wed, Jan-01-03, 00:57
Yeah - it did look like he was a lot heavier, or maybe he was quite short.

I agree with the mental conditioning - I reckon he got that way from being really depressed. But then again, how depressed can you be!

I too, hope that the doctors can help. I think he definately needs surgery to fix his stomach.

I'll keep watching to see if they update his story.

Marion13
Tue, Jan-07-03, 03:39
Hi guys

Yeah I saw that program too. My heart really went out to him, I just felt SO sorry for him. I really hope that they can help him. He seems to have been caught up in the yo-yo cycle - you know you try to lose, you lose a few pounds, you cheat, feel guilty, give up, eat, eat, eat then start all over again but always end up that bit heavier than when you started the time before. God I used to do it myself before I found Atkins, and yes I agree that depression has a lot to do with it.

Will be keeping an eye out for updates.

Maz

chinatown
Fri, Jan-17-03, 21:29
Didn't see it. ACA usually bag at least some dieter or diet once a week. Still, 250KG is spectacular.
<P>Sounds even worse saying 551 pounds!