PDA

View Full Version : monday-sunday....12.23-12.28.02

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lowco
Sun, Dec-22-02, 17:43
hi guys,

hope there is more of us on plan than off. This week will be hard, but easier for us than other lc-ers. Move the RM to suit functions and parties to prevent weight gain.

Please share plans for this week.

JoaniePA
Sun, Dec-22-02, 18:02
Okay, here's my plan.. Christmas Eve I cook for me, him, two step kids, youngest daughter, brother and sister in law. My daughter has to work. This is our BIG holiday meal and I'm really sad she will miss it. So I'll cook ham and chicken on Christmas Eve and my brother who's on Atkins will bring something green. I guess I'll have potatos and baked apples or something to go with it, dinner rolls. I'm just not that invested this year for some reason. It should be an easy meal to get through for me.

Christmas day will be prime rib just for me, him, eldest and youngest. No steps or other family. Another easy day. The hardest part will be the drinks. Maybe, actually, I'll Atkins it for these two days. I can probably skip the sweets, and then I can just be real careful to stick to white wine and spirits.

New Years we have me, him, brother and sis in law, and two friends for games etc. Don't have a clue what I'll be cooking then. sigh.. what are others doing? Please inspire me!!

Joanie

BASpider
Sun, Dec-22-02, 23:01
Christmas eve we are doing finger food and going to see Lord of the Rings. We'll probably eat in the parking lot so we can have popcorn and soft drinks. That's pretty much how the Hellers do the movies and popcorn. So we figured we could, too.

Christmas day is just dh and me. We're doing broiled rib steak, salad, will get some fresh asparagus - grate romano cheese over it - and for dessert, chocolate souffle.

We are starting new holiday traditions. Lord of the Rings on Christmas eve, and new plates - just 2 place settings.

Scales said 129 this morning. YEAH!!!

plum
Mon, Dec-23-02, 02:15
thats great, Spider !
lowco, Im hoping the moveable RM will see me through !
Joanie, its the red wine at parties that Im worried about ! So I plan to have some , and water the rest of the time. It wont be legal, but only x2.

Ive written out my menu plans for a week and the only thing I can see is a bit carb heavy on my 2 RM s 25 th and 26 th. So I will try to adjust this..... a little bit extra turkey, a little less strawberry cheesecake ice cream.... a little less plum pud.....

Now I have it all 'planned' I wont be caught out by having to provide a spontaneous meal, its all planned, shopped for etc.
Its the spontaneous thing that has the power to unbalance me.

happy christmas wishes.

1pepper
Mon, Dec-23-02, 08:07
I plan to have RM for Christmans dinner. I fell off the plan this weekend and am starting again today. It will be dh, myself and 20 month old son. (My girls are at their dads this week) :( We are having ham, turkey breast, yams, rosemary parmesan pot., corn pudding,bacon green beans, cheddar yeast rolls and pumpkin pie. Good luck to all.
Amy

Vel
Mon, Dec-23-02, 08:26
I have the week fairly well planned out too. Today will be a normal day, of course.

Tomorrow I have to work all day and have planned a fairly late supper of a variety of "appetizer" foods. It will be me, my boyfriend (sounds weird to say that at age 42 LOL), my three teenagers, and his 2 teens. I was just thinking when I was reading other people's postings to this thread, that I haven't planned any veggies for that meal... mostly breaded meats, spring rolls, meatballs.. that sort of thing. I may get busy and do a veggie tray, although it will mean another trip to the grocery store, which doesn't appeal to me at all! The other option would just be a little salad for myself that night, since I know none of the teens or my BF really would care about having veggies that night will all of their favourite foods around.

Then Christmas morning, it will be the same crew of people. I have planned egg McMuffins (hold the muffin for me), sausage, and apple and raspberry turnovers. The turnovers are traditional Christmas morning fare and I might miss them, but I will be ok with eggs and ham or sausage. Especially knowing that Christmas dinner is still to come :)

Christmas dinner will be turkey, potatoes, carrots, corn, dressing, cranberry sauce, gravy, buns... pumpkin or strawberry-ruhbarb pie with whipped cream. My plan is to have lots of turkey, and small amounts of the carby veggies. Honestly doubt that I will have a salad or other lc veg that night. And, I have recently noticed that having pie as desert at my RM seems to stall my weight loss... so, I might have some chocolates or a couple of the other sweets that I have made (and not TOUCHED at all, isn't that cool?!)

I am feeling so good about my diet over the holidays. I have never had control like this in my life. I would normally always scrap whatever diet I might happen to be on for the holidays, with a "promise" to myself to come back to it in January. This is a wonderful WOE!

Moi
Mon, Dec-23-02, 10:07
I'm doing my best, holding my own..... I'm indulging some, but not all... and I think I may break even on the scale by the end of the year instead of gaining.... but I'm promising myself that come January, with everything back to normal, I'm really focusing to be on plan properly and make this work to lose the weight!

Happy Holidays!

tokenyanke
Mon, Dec-23-02, 18:00
I'm trying to keep my RM's at lunch and I think that will work out well. Today, we have my 2 step daughters and my son is here. My step son lives with us, but the others don't. My son is 20 and has to work all day tomorrow and will spend Christmas with his dad and step family, so we had our big meal together today and let him open his gifts and the other kids just opened one each of theirs. They will open the rest tomorrow and then we go to my mother-in-law's to open gifts with her and then on to the big family get together for more gifts. They will have "finger foods" tomorrow night, and I know there will be a veggie tray, so I may just stick with that and try to eat my lunch RM here just before we leave so I won't be hungry. I only had my RM today. We have a party tonight, but I'm not hungry and don't think I'll eat anything. Just want to keep the lbs off if nothing else!

Christmas morning will be hubby and step son and we will save some of our gifts from Cmas Eve for then and open them together and then go to my mother-in-laws for dinner with ham, turkey and all the fixin's so that will be my RM. I may just try to have only 1 CM and 1 RM for the next 2 days to get myself thru without doing damage! lol... I know I will be eating more sweets than I have been. I don't think I'll have too much trouble. I'm drinking a ton of water today after having ham for lunch! WATER WEIGHT! UGH!

Good luck to us all! We can do it!

:wave:

lowco
Mon, Dec-23-02, 18:25
My Plans are simple. I am going to have my RM"S at the normal time between 12-2 pm. Then when i am confronted with food in the evenings, i am going to lie like i have never lied before.

"i am full from a huge lunch at a friend."
"i just had dinner"
my favorite, "you know i have a small stomach, i am still full from lunch."

any suggestions :o

tokenyanke
Wed, Dec-25-02, 09:08
There were so many people at my hubby's Christmas get together last night that I didn't have any problem not eating. I had eaten my RM at lunch and didn't feel hungry last night anyway, so when they started going thru the food line, I went thru and just got water for myself and soda for my hubby and then went and sat down and waited for him to come out with his food and no one ever said anything about me not having anything. With so many people, by the time the last person gets thru the line, the first person is finished eating, anyway, so that works to my advantage for those who just aren't watching! lol...

Today is dinner at my mother-in-laws around 1:30, so that will be RM. I had a small breakfast of just eggs and have been busy enough doing things around the house before we leave that I am not having any problem.

I hope everyone else is doing great today. I'm heading out the door to take a walk now.
:thup:

1pepper
Wed, Dec-25-02, 19:45
Blew it today. :( There's always tomorrow.

Amy

nawchem
Wed, Dec-25-02, 22:57
Amy I don't think there is any such thing as blowing it on Christmas day. Its an official food doesn't count day so don't even worry about it. :)

Plus, we're not in ketosis so don't set our selves back days if we eat off plan.

Do good tomorrow.
Nancy

JoaniePA
Thu, Dec-26-02, 07:59
Nancy, I love your "official food doesn't count day", because BOY did I eat a lot of "no count" goodies! ;)

I started eating on Tuesday evening when we had the steps over for dinner. I didn't stop until last night when I topped the season off with apple pie and ice cream.. an hour after finishing dinner! Oh well, as you say, will be good tomorrow. I'm not even going to weigh until Monday and will start from there. I do have prime rib leftovers for lunch today, though, so that's a nice thing.

Hope everyone survived the feasting (and the snow, which we awakened to on Christmas morning!)

best,
Joanie

1pepper
Thu, Dec-26-02, 11:47
Back on track today and feeling good about it. Hope everyone is recovering from yesterday. Here is the plan for the day.
Breakfast: Leftover ham and turkey, green beans
Lunch: RM Leftovers from yesterdays dinner
Dinner(if needed) turkey and green beans
I am trying to cut out the coffee with cream and splenda in the mornings. It seems it was making me hungrier.(Splenda) I have a glass of tea instead. No AS. I will change the coffee time to after the kids are in bed and it's mine and dh quite time. Seems that will help with the want of hot cocoa before bed. Have a great day ! :wave:

No weighing till next week.

nawchem
Thu, Dec-26-02, 12:26
This is probably an obvious statement but here goes.

Last week I had pizza and brownies and I started having symptoms of low blood sugar-I have heart problems and eating too much sugar sets off symptoms. So I made a rule that when I eat sugary sweets at RM I would only have 1 serving, no more 5 brownies at a time stuff. In 5 days my weight has gone down 3.5 pounds. I'm still eating everything else that I want and don't balance, I just have to watch the sugar intake.

Maybe this will help someone out there.
nancy

luv67fire
Fri, Dec-27-02, 01:18
Thanks Nancy, I'm sure that will help someone.

Yes, yesterday was a food doesn't count day. My family finds Christmas as a celebration of food for some reason, lol, so I just made do. I did surprisingly well though, and didn't gain a pound (oddly enough).

Today I'm back on track. I'm finding my cravings have crept up a bit, but that could just be mental from me seeing so many carbs EVERYWHERE. It has been easy to resist though.

Had a yummy RM!!!

Anyways, just wanted to check in!

JoaniePA
Fri, Dec-27-02, 07:24
Last day of this week's support thread. I've found it very useful indeed!

I'm still kind of out of control.. but I'm determined to start again today with no excuses. Just eggs and cheese for breakfast, and I'm about to drink a cup of coffee.

Lunch.. who knows. Didn't bring lunch by accident and have very little money.. lol. Will probably have tuna salad from the quickie mart across the street.

Dinner is Italian at our favorite restaurant. This is a place where they make their own pasta out of good, high protein wheat, the old fashioned way, and so there are less carbs than store bought pasta. If I balance and have their wonderful spring mix salad and some kind of meat dish I can actually feel okay eating a small amount of noodles.

Weekends are easier than weekdays.. don't know why. So everyone have a great one! I'm beginning my weigh ins again on Monday.

Joanie

Moi
Fri, Dec-27-02, 11:31
It's Xmas week - chocolate & cookies like no other time of the year.....

Plus it was Time of the month this week - double whammy.....

I figured on just trying to hold my own for the end of December and "starting over" in January to work on my weightloss....

But I have been sticking to plan and OMG - I'm down 1.5 pounds this week!

You know what else? I have some fudge that I was saving for my RM yesterday and... D'oh! I forgot about it until later in the evening... too late... so what did I do? It's still in the fridge... I'm waiting until today's RM!! Is this ME holding off on such a goodie for a whole day? :eek: lol!! Where DID my appetite go? :p

Moi
Fri, Dec-27-02, 11:45
Originally posted by nawchem
So I made a rule that when I eat sugary sweets at RM I would only have 1 serving, no more 5 brownies at a time stuff. In 5 days my weight has gone down 3.5 pounds.

Thanks for the advice Nancy! ... & Congrats!

Isn't it just great to be able to eat brownies AT ALL and still lose weight?

tokenyanke
Fri, Dec-27-02, 12:02
I've had a good week, although I can't seem to lose... I fluctuate up 2 lbs then down 2 lbs, but never any lower. But I still enjoy my RMs and food just doesn't tempt me like it use to, so I'm still better off just following CALP and maintaining than going off and trying something else and ending up worse off.

lowco
Sat, Dec-28-02, 15:50
CONFESSIONS......... i was off plan for 25 and 26. On the 26 i made a real good attempt to get back on plan. at 9 pm my bf bought me icecream, and i ate it :( . i was not broken down about IT. i resisted all day...only at my rm, at lunch. Then he offers icecream and i ate it like it was the best cm veggie ever :D .

i weighed yesterday...i only gained 1 pound....after a day back on....i gained 2 more for a totAL of 3pounds gained. But i feel pms ,so the huge jump could be that. i would hate to think it was the chineese food i ate.

so far i am doing ok today ...CRAVINGS ARE STILL THERE BUT I AM COPING.......i'll have some green tea for that.