PDA

View Full Version : sad and cad

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nawchem
Mon, Dec-16-02, 11:58
You guys this is the first year I can remember that I didn't gain weight and have had no tired, slightly depressed feelings. Usually my weight hits its maximum for the year in late December and I feel like I want to go hibernate in a cave somewhere.

Has anyone else felt some improvement in these areas since cadding?

1pepper
Mon, Dec-16-02, 12:39
I usually gain around 10 lbs. during the holidays and feel out of control with my eating. This year is different. I have yet to gain 1 lb. and my stress feels alot less. My eating in under control and and I am so ready for the hoildays!! No hiding in a cave this year. ;)

Zuleikaa
Mon, Dec-16-02, 15:20
I have severe SAD and have had it for a lot of years. I usually gain 10 pounds initially and perhaps an additional 10-15 Feb-Mar. CADing keeps the craving under control until February when I slip. I'm hoping not to slip this year.

The later in the winter it gets the more vigilant you need to be about staying on plan. One slip in Jan-Feb can lead to a binge that lasts until spring!

luv67fire
Mon, Dec-16-02, 16:21
I'm with ya on this one. I have mild SAD, but so far I've felt fantastic. I sleep a bit longer than usual still, but only cause I don't go back to work until January :)

I Love CAD!