PDA

View Full Version : What helped me break my stall!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gingerbear
Sun, Dec-08-02, 11:29
I wanted to share this with you all because I know I'm always reading these boards in order to learn tips from other members. I have been stalled at 257 for about a month now. I have stuck to the diet and always eaten my RM within the hour. I have been frustrated and puzzled. So, this past week, I started eating a small breakfast around 10 or 11 (sliced cheese or sausage and cheese) and then a changed my RM to mid-afternoon 2 or 3 and then a small snack of sliced cheese or turkey around 6 or 7. Before, I would eat sliced turkey & cheese at 1 PM and my RM at around 5 and then nothing else until the next day at 1. SO, this week, since Tuesday, I have lost 4 lbs.

I suspect that perhaps I wasn't eating enough before and maybe my body was holding the food because it had to go from 5 PM until the next day at 1 PM (20 hours) without any food. Yesterday, I went out to eat for the RM at 3 PM and had a dinner salad with ranch, crispy chicken sandwich on a roll, fries, soda and ice cream for dessert. I woke up this A.M. and had lost another pound.

I'll do this until I stop losing again, then maybe I'll switch it around again!

nawchem
Sun, Dec-08-02, 12:18
Hey Ginger
thanks for sharing this. I don't understand all the biology of dieting but if its worked for you I'm willing to try, especially since it involves eating more instead of less. :D

Nancy

luv67fire
Sun, Dec-08-02, 13:58
I've actually just switched my RM to lunch time (or around there) because I'm off work and stay up late. I will wake up around 11 am and will eat anywhere from 11-2 pm. Then have a CM around 7-8pm. I really like that such heavy food is not in my stomach, and so far I'm doing good.

Well, I went over the hour yesterday by accident. I looked on the scales this morning, and saw a pound and a half increase, and couldn't think of why it would do that. Well, I thought real hard, and realized that about 10 min before my meal, I had a breath mint that had a bunch of sugar alcohols in it, so that was really the start of my RM. So I had a peice of chocolate after my 60 minutes, so my little security guard must have doused it down with insulin.... :(

Oh well, I'm back on track today. Just enjoyed pancakes and eggs for my RM, yummmm.

nawchem
Sun, Dec-08-02, 14:15
Hey Cassie,
I was just wondering. My weight fluctuates all the time. So far this week its been 143, 142, 143.5, 142.5.

Am I reading this right that your weight doesn't fluctuate around like that usually? That it only goes up when something isn't right? Should I be concerned when my weight fluctuates like this?
Nancy

tokenyanke
Sun, Dec-08-02, 14:24
Fluctuations are pretty normal for me, too. No matter what diet I have been on or even when I haven't been on a diet, my weight always tends to fluctuate quite often. I think it's pretty normal, though.

plum
Mon, Dec-09-02, 04:52
theres an idea. Im currently not eating too much in the day and my main meal is at about 6.30 pm. This fits in well with my family commitments but will be good to keep in mind to try when stuck ! oh, that was negative wasnt it ? if Im stuck, I mean.

my weight hasnt fluctuated before...my Atkins wol, didnt fluctuate at all, but I think its going to with CAD....why, I dont know, but the scale is telling me all sorts of rubbish when I feel slimmer lol