PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Support

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lowco
Sat, Dec-07-02, 08:34
HI GUYS,

Some time ago, caders on this site used to do a daily or a weekly
support thread.

i think that it would be good to have that kind of support again.

i am a luker cause i am off track...bad!!! Gained 10 pounds. :(

i am 2 days lc now, in order to get back on track( i plan to do 8 more days) :)

for 2003...i want to be deligent .....staying on plan......not doubting that am a CA. I thought i could eat low glycemic and still have an Rm.......i wanted carbs all the time and boom 10 pounds back!!!!!

i am a CARB ADDICT!!!

nawchem
Sat, Dec-07-02, 10:22
Hi Lowco,
I'm not sure what you mean by support thread. I think you can post anything, anywhere right now and get support. Do you mean something with accountability and regularity?

Sorry about the 10 pounds but you'll definitely lose them with them some consistency. I gained 9.5lbs trying to do the zone in 3 weeks, so I'd like to join you in the next 8 days of your lowcarb efforts. Because I am a carb addict too.

good luck with the restart. Are you doing/planning on staying with CAD?
Nancy

BASpider
Sat, Dec-07-02, 22:17
locow, Do you mean the old challenge thread? Was thinking about that too. I got down to 124 and boom 134 reappeared. How did that happen?

Let the games begin!

lowco
Sun, Dec-08-02, 15:44
it's good to post menues , triumphs and short commings.

Well so far, i've stayed 2 days lowcarb then saturday and today, sunday i wanted carbs so i had rms on both days. I was still able to drop 2 pounds.

i am real frustrated. I do a low carb diet, lose 10 pounds, stall, switch to cad, cause i know thats the only way i wouldn't gain weight. Then i fool myself into thinking that i am not a carb addict, "i can have a slice of toast or fruit in the morning and still have my RM." BOOM 10 POUNDS BACK!!!!!!!! 3 YEARS OF THIS!!!!!!! :mad:

I'AM THINKING :confused: FORGET THE FAST WEIGHT LOSS!STICK TO CAD/CALP! EAT FRUITS ,VEGGIES, NATURAL UNPROCESSED FOOD!!!!! But i would like to see 165 again. That's why i started a 10 day low carb challnge.

But i am very happy that i am excercising again. i joined an aerobics class(3 WEEKS NOW). Tuesdays and Thursdays i am going to do more excercise at home with my stepper and bike this week.

NAWCHEM: sORRY I AM BACKING OFF FROM THE LOW CARB THING!!! I'LL BE EATING 2 CM'S AND FOR RM I'LL EAT VEGGIES AND FRUIT. MAY BE I'LL LOSE A POUND OR TWO :q: THE AIM IS TO LOWER CARBS ENOUGH TO LOSE WEIGHT AND NOT DEPRIVING MYSELF. AT LEAST THE 2 DAYS GOT ME BACK ON TRACK9 I HAD MEAT ONLY). bUT I DO PLAN ON DEVOTING 1 DAY A WEEK TO LOW CARB(NO RM)

BASPIDER: I KNOW..........IT'S ROLLING

THIS WEEK I AM GOING TO DRINK HERBAL TEA AND WATER.

nawchem
Sun, Dec-08-02, 17:02
Hey Lowco,
no apology necessary. For me I consider doing CALP lowcarb, technically I guess its more low insulin. Listening to what your body needs and eating carbs in a healthy way is the point of this plan.

Don't worry about the past or being a little overweight. Love yourself where you are and find peace. If your healthy that's great, if you lose a few pounds or maintain during the holidays that's great too. I think putting too much pressure on myself makes me sabatoge myself.

Lets find a way to do this and keep our peace and sanity. A half pound a week moves us toward goal slowly but surely.
Nancy

BASpider
Sun, Dec-08-02, 19:35
lowco,
Weekends are usually a gain time for me, but DH has started this woe with me and we just got a weight bench. For a Christmas present his company gave him a gift certificate to a sporting goods store and we were able to get weights yesterday. I guess if that's a sign its a sign to go for it. We also got the book Body Change by Montel Williams and Wini Linguvic. It's a 21 day at a time plan to get into shape.

I'm mostly on plan so far and each day it gets easier. My hunger is less all the time, too. I'll try to start the Body Change tomorrow, today was getting a bit more of the supplies we need - jump rope for the aerobics part. So even if I can't stay on plan, I will have strong bones with the weight lifting. Plus I got a dog about a month ago and she insists on being walked.

Once I can break the cycle of snacking, CALP is easy.

The company party was a pain, though.

Dijon vinegrette on the spinach salad (vinegar affects me badly) I ate it till I started to feel dizzy

zuchinni was the vegetable (deathly allergic to that)

the steak was raw (only seared and I eat my meat medium well done.)

Timing was awful, too. Half hour between courses. I just did the best I could and didn't worry about it. Was a pound or 2 up, but that will go since I'm back on plan.

We can do this, and we will.