PDA

View Full Version : New... with questions!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Roxtheprty
Sat, Dec-07-02, 08:12
Hi everyone!

I want to introduce myself, because I'm starting CAD today and plan to spend some time on this board... it seems very helpful so far.

My name is Emily. I'm 24 years old, and I have around 30-40 pounds to lose. I was always pretty thin when I was younger, but started gaining weight in high school, and I've been a yoyo ever since. I've tried EVERYTHING!! For the last year and a half I've done Weight Watchers. I loved WW... and lost 30 pounds on it (and then gained 10 back.) However, my carbs were out of control and I have gotten to the point where I couldn't get back on track anymore, so I felt I needed a shakeup. I had purchased the CAD book a few years back, picked it up, and thought wow, this sounds like something I can live with. I'm a carb maniac, although I was suprised after taking the test that I'm only moderate. I want a way of life, not a diet, and I think this can help me out. I'm tired a lot, and hopefully this will make some changes in my life!

I do have a few questions....

-- At a CM, can you have both 3-4 oz. of meat and 2 oz. of cheese, or is it either or?

-- How does pizza work at a RM? I wasn't sure because the cheese is a protein, and the crust is a carb... I want to make sure I keep it balanced.

--For my starting weight, how does this work... so I start today, and average my weight all week... how do I know how much I lost? Does this make sense? Because with the Hellers' program, they say that that is your weight for the week... I don't think I'm making any sense, but maybe someone can understand me!

Thanks in advance... looking forward to this board.

Emily

nawchem
Sat, Dec-07-02, 10:30
Welcome Emily,
I've never read the CAD book, only CALP so I can't answer your questions comfortably. Sometimes its a little quiet on the weekends here so be patient and someone will come along.

After doing weight watchers I think you'll enjoy lowcarb. I think CAD/CALP can be a little difficult at first because you have to watch your reaction to foods, its a learning experience. If you do it right you won't be hungry or gain weight and you can eat the foods you love.

good luck!
Nancy

Zuleikaa
Sat, Dec-07-02, 13:00
Emily
Welcome to CAD. Join right in. There is a lot of support and we're glad to have you join us.

Questions
1. At CM you can have 3-4 ounces of meat and 2 ounces of cheese or any reasonable amount combined depending on your hunger.
2. Pizza--have pizza with a salad or veggies on it for balance.
3. Starting weight--The weight on your first day. Your next weight is the averages of that day plus the next six. Subtract it from your start to find loss/gain. After that it will be a "true" gain or loss.

Hope that answers everything.