PDA

View Full Version : effect of supplements on weight loss

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

slimmin
Tue, Nov-26-02, 12:35
After stalling for a long time, I have suddenly dropped 4-5 pounds in the past week. I am wondering if the fact that I didn't take most of my supplements for several days has anything to do with my weight loss. Every morning I take the following:

multivitamin
potassium
chromium
2 flax seed oil capsules
2 evening primrose oil capsules

I take L-glutamine before and after my morning workout

I take a cod-liver oil capsule and 2 Vitamin C tablets at bedtime.

I didn't take any of them with me when I went out of town this weekend, and yesterday I forgot to take all my morning supplements (except the L-glutamine). So now I'm wondering if any of them would cause me to retain fluid?? Does anybody have any ideas?

Natrushka
Tue, Nov-26-02, 13:58
Originally posted by slimmin
So now I'm wondering if any of them would cause me to retain fluid?? Does anybody have any ideas? I doubt it, but you never know. That's the problem with fat loss, there are so many variables.

It could be the new program, it could be you were just 'due'.

Being close to goal many notice that fat loss doesn't just come to a crawl, it also changes. Instead of a slow steady loss it may come off more in chunks and then nothing for a while (or vice versa). I have found recently that the phases of my cycle make a big difference on how much and how I lose - slow, maybe 2 lbs during the first 3 weeks, then chunks of 2 or 3 lbs to the tune of 8 or 9 in the last 3 weeks. This pattern is different from a year ago.

When we say it's 'one big learning curve' we ain't kiddin' ;)
Nat