PDA

View Full Version : morning lows

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

a.j
Fri, Nov-22-02, 21:56
Hey anyone, this is kinda personal but does anyone have a problem with low blood sugars after a night of very little sleep and rather active sex activity?

Should I be treating the lack of sleep like a marathon and lower my night shot. The last 4 times I have had a hard time waking up after a few hours sleep. The bs readings have been around 2 to 2.5. Very, very scary. I am terrified I won't wake up next time.

This can't just be happening to me but no one else seems to discuss it.

I know it is real private stuff but I really could use some advice.

Cheers, AJ

Lisa N
Sat, Nov-23-02, 08:21
I'm not a type 1, but would it be workable to have a small snack after said activity? Your nighttime dose is based on the fact that most people will be sleeping and not participating in a marathon until the wee hours of the morning.
Just a thought....

Cyprinodon
Fri, Dec-06-02, 16:34
Late nights and/or increased activity levels always call for downward adjustments in meds and/or increases in bedtime snacks regardless of the reason for the late nights and regardless of the type of activity. Another thing that helps is extra testing through the night. When my kid is up late and/or has been extra active we test as often as four times, depending on the readings we get each time: 11 p.m., 1 a.m., 2 a.m., and 3 a.m. Interupted sleep by repeated blaring alarms isn't great but it's better than worrying that you won't make it through the night. We also test a lot if he has had a late evening Humalog slide.

a.j
Fri, Dec-06-02, 21:32
Thanks for the replies. I have adjusted the HumalinN down a bit and added a wee snack to comp for late nights and added activity. Just common sense I guess but it really helps to have input from you guys. This site is terrific. I feel like I finally have some support instead of being alone. Thank you so much!!!

Cheers,

AJ

:daze: "Just repeat after me... I am the boss, I am in charge!"