PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Part II

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Luxsit
Wed, Nov-20-02, 18:53
Ok, here is my adaptation of a recipe I found online . Personally I like mine better that the one I found online.

Salmon with Dill Caper Cream Sauce

---------------------------------------------
1 Cup of half and half
2 Shallots
2 Tblsp Fresh Dill
1 Tblsp Fresh Italian Parsley
3 Tblsp bottled Capers
1 Salmon Filet

Cut Salmon into 3 inch wedges perpendicular to the lenghth of the filet. Lightly season both sides (Salt and Pepper). Set Salmon aside. As Emeril says "My fish don't come seasoned, does yours?"

Peel off skin and finely chop shallots and place in smal bowl. Strip dill leaves off branches and place in small bowl. Chop Italian parsley and place in another bowl. Place shallots in sauce pan with a bit of vegetable oil and cook until shallots are translucent. Add half and half, 1 Tlbsp Fresh Dill, and Parsley. Bring sauce to soft boil continuing to stir occationally. Cook for several minutes until sauce begins to thicken. Add last Tbsp of dill, stir and season to taste. Turn heat down to simmer and cover.

Key for timing on this dish is to start cooking Salmon when the sauce first comes to soft boil. In a fry pan place 1 Tbsp vegetable oil, and put Salmon in single layer. Cook Salmon on medium-high heat for 3.5 minutes. Flip Salmon pieces over and cook for an additional 3.5 minutes. This produces about a medium to medium-rare cooked piece of Salmon depending on thickness of the filet. Personally I hate over cooked Salmon, its dry, and is yucky. If you like to kill your Salmon then feel free to cook it longer. Place the Salmon pieces on a serving plate and place the sauce into a bowl. Serve Salmon and pour sauce over top. Mmmm...

This main dish takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.

I don't have the exact calorie count, I am sure someone could figure it out.

Only downside to this dish is your house will smell like fish for a couple hours. :) It's nice to lite a couple sented candles to mask the fish order.

Regards,
Lux :wave:

agonycat
Wed, Nov-20-02, 19:02
OoOOO This sounds yummy!

Too bad we already had the other salmon dish tonight :lol: It will be a while before I fix salmon again. I don't think hubby would want fish two nights in a row. :D

ginkirk
Fri, Nov-22-02, 10:07
This sounds really, really yummy. What do you think you could sub for the shallots? My dh doesn't like shallots or leeks, for that matter.

Thanks! :yum:

Luxsit
Sat, Nov-23-02, 06:04
Well, you might try a white onion, or at minimum onion salt. The shallots provide texture and flavoring to the sause. I'm not a real expert on cooking, I just throw stuff together and play with other peoples recepies, drives my wife nuts. She asks me sometimes how did I make something, I say, I don't know, just threw some stuff together until it tasted good. :)

Regards,
Lux :wave: