PDA

View Full Version : snkhoward's story of success

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

snkhoward
Wed, Nov-13-02, 14:52
Well, becuase of encouragement from my many wounderfull supporters, I will share my low carb success story.

I started Atkin's in September of 2001 at a wheight of 223 lbs. I was a size 22 and miserable. I stumbled accross atkins on the internet looking for something to help me loose whieght and boy did I ever find what I was looking for!

I reached my goal of 140 on septembr 24, 2002...just 1 year later. I am now a size 8-10 and 83 lbs lighter.

I have been maintaining for about 2 months now and am still getting the hang of it, but keep myself around goal at all times.

I have also found low carb has other benefits for me as well as wheight loss. I used to have insomnia and severe problems with IBS...both are gone...unless I eat things that are not low carb.
if you want to see my full story, check out my diary pages:
snkhoward's Diary.

Thank You to all of my supporters here on this board and at home! I couldn't have done it with out you.

lkonzelman
Wed, Nov-13-02, 15:23
Hurray for Karen!!! You have made my dreams come true!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

slimchance
Wed, Nov-13-02, 15:24
Congratulations!! And thanks for sharing your story!! :D

You are truly an inspiration to many! Great job on maintaining for those two months! Keep up the great work! :thup: :thup:

All the best,

KC :wave:

DWRolfe
Wed, Nov-13-02, 15:26
Wow! Karen, I don't even know you and I'm super proud of you!

I hope many folks will find this thread, as I think so many newbies believe that their goals are only dreams that maybe can't be reached. It's just programmed thoughts of failure from so many low fat, high carb diets in the past.

Your success and story will motivate many, I'm sure!

Stay strong during the holidays, K?

Donald :wave:

Rosebud
Wed, Nov-13-02, 16:45
In fact, I think you're a star!

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/party/party038.gif
Roz

lesleyc
Wed, Nov-13-02, 17:12
Wow that is truly brilliant!

You are obviously a quiet achiever...just getting on with it. We have been around for about the same time, and although I recognise your username, I hardly ever have come accross you...and now I'm kicking myself :D

I'm heading straight over to your journal...

Well done Karen...that is a huge achievement

Lesley

Kristine
Sun, Nov-17-02, 19:03
Amazing! Congratulations!! :cheer: Hope you're still enjoying this WOE!

snkhoward
Mon, Nov-18-02, 19:27
I do enjoy this way of eating most of the time. Occassionally I get sick of something I used to really enjoy, so I just seach around for new ideas and recipies.

mateoj
Mon, Nov-18-02, 20:51
W0W!!! Congratulations, really!

Sticking with a diet is one of the most difficult things one may have to do in his or her life... Your story is truly worth sharing with others, and you should always remember that your story touches everyone who reads it..

We are all here, and will be here as your journey continues.

[Do you have pictures?]

With all my support,
Mateo