PDA

View Full Version : A Few Drinks on the Weekend

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mbutterfly
Wed, Nov-13-02, 12:10
Hi all! First, I'd like to say how happy I am to have found this site! It's absolutely WONDERFUL!

Last week I had lost about 2 pounds and on Friday had a Bachelorette party for a friend of mine. Well, I had more than a few glasses of wine, and by the end of the weekend, I had gained those 2 pounds back. YIKES! So I have to say that you MUST stick to exactly what the book says and only drink alcoholic beverages at your RM. But what if you want to enjoy a few drinks on the weekend? Suffer the consequences I suppose.... :rolleyes:
Anyone found a low carb drink?

Wishful thinking,
Missy

Jaden313
Wed, Nov-13-02, 12:31
Why don't you try Vodka & Diet Sprite or Rum & Diet Coke. There's a low carb beer Michelob Ultra 2.6g a bottle.

Maybe check this link http://www.atkinsfriends.com/carbcounter/bev.shtml

mbutterfly
Wed, Nov-13-02, 12:40
Thanks for the advice! I checked out that site and it turns out that the wine I was drinking wasn't all that high in carbs. Perhaps it was the Smirnoff Ice and 3 beers I had when we decided to venture out to the bars AFTER the 6 glasses of wine. Thank goodness we had a designated driver! EEEkkk! None of us were feeling all that swell the next day.

Thanks again! I'll keep the D. cola's and rum/vokda in mind.

Missy

Jaden313
Wed, Nov-13-02, 12:53
Gotta watch that Smirnoff Ice 32g per bottle.
I practically live off the Mich Ultra.

mbutterfly
Wed, Nov-13-02, 13:03
32GRAMS!!!???? I would have never guessed. That's probably why it tastes so good! Well, that's out from now on!

I'll try the Michelob Ultra.

Thanks again!!

Link_nz
Wed, Nov-20-02, 18:10
Is it ok do drink 0-carb alcohol outside of your RM? (not all the time ofcourse ;) just say... once a week) :confused:

Example:

6pm RM including 2 beers.

7-10pm: a few shots with diet mixers of 0 carb spirits

I dont react to AS (i dont think, havnt noticed)

Its just i like to go out clubbing on saturday nights :D I'm only 20 and have never had an alcohol problem. :cool:

-jake

Zuleikaa
Wed, Nov-20-02, 18:26
Jake

You're young, you're athletic, once a week you might be able to get away with it. Your body will quickly let you know. Listen to your body! At best, it might slow your weight loss down. At worst, you could gain, have carb cravings and feel like cr****p. Again, your body will quickly let you know.

RedLisaP
Thu, Nov-21-02, 15:12
I've managed to have 1 or 2 glasses of wine with dinner every night *not* counting it in my carbs, and *not* keeping it within my hour (I have to have that first glass while I'm cooking).

But I do know that this has slowed down my weight loss. But I'm willing to lose more slowly in order to have my wine.

When I think about it, before LCing, I used to have the same amount of wine, plus huge carbs for dinner PLUS dessert almost every night, plus cereal for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, and a sweet treat of some kind every afternoon.

It is amazing to me that I don't need any of that other stuff any more. But it's just the wine that sticks with me.

Not too bad, really.

Again, you have to listen to your own body and determine what works best for you. :agree:

Lisa