PDA

View Full Version : chicken fried with atkins bake mix

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kitty5
Fri, Nov-08-02, 17:26
my husband fried chicken with atkins bake mix. he seasoned it with salt, pepper, paprika, red pepper. we dipped it in egg. bake mix and egg. it was fantastic. try it. it's crispy and delicious. :wave:

Cinderella
Fri, Nov-08-02, 17:28
hmmmmm...maybe I will invest in a box or two,

Thanx for the heads up!

cin

yvonne326
Fri, Nov-08-02, 18:17
I stayed away from buying it cause of the cost. I've used a mix of soy flour and Keto crumbs to bread my meats. Maybe I'll just try the bake mix since you had such success.

Suzan
Sun, Dec-15-02, 21:56
I'm glad I saw this fried chicken post...I've got the Atkins mix and thought this might work but now I know for sure, plus the different spices will be helpful 'cause when it comes to using any types of seasonings I have no clue...I probably would have just dipped the chicken into the mix and then fried it then...thanks for the idea.

Suzan
Mon, Dec-16-02, 18:11
It's fryin' up as we speak..and it smells really good. I'll give you a final review after I eat it all up!

Suzan
Mon, Dec-16-02, 18:49
Well, they are excellent! I would recommend them to anyone. When my sister comes over for Christmas (she's not LCing) I'll be making them for her for dinner one night along with a few veggies.

DWRolfe
Tue, Dec-17-02, 10:46
I've had a can of the mix unopened in my cupboard for months now...

...usually I use ground ans seasoned pork rinds for fried chicken coating. Think I'll give the Atkins mix a try. Heck, I spent about $15 for it...

Thanks for the reveiw...

Donald :wave:

Suzan
Tue, Dec-17-02, 18:26
You're welcome Donald. I'm sure you will enjoy them...and you can pretty well do the spices up however you like...mine had a wee bit of a bite to it 'cause instead of Cayenne I used crushed red chili peppers...

Today I had one of the leftover drumsticks for lunch, right of the fridge, and it was even better.

I also wanted to tell you Donald, you're an inspiration to me. When I first signed up at lowcarbs you were one of the first faces I saw and you caught my attention 'cause you look just like a good friend of mine who passed away about ten years ago...but your weight loss is tremendous and I know I can do it as well.

Keep up the good work.

windy
Thu, Dec-26-02, 14:35
I also use the Atkins baking mix to coat fish so I can fry it and it is very good. My brother is LC'ing too and was here for a visit two weeks ago and I fixed the fish for him and he liked it as well. I need to find more uses for it.

I do not like the pancake recipe on the back but do like the Atkins pancake mix.

Have a good day all LC'ers.
Windy(Linda)

capspace
Thu, Dec-26-02, 15:27
We use it with Cod and pork chops too, and also use the Keto crumbs. It's all good! Tonight we're going to try to pull off shrimp francaise.

LadyBug555
Wed, Jan-08-03, 09:24
I thought this would work for fried catfish. I will see if I can afford the mix, have much catfish in the freezer

AlaneHilo
Thu, Aug-26-04, 23:13
I used kitty5's idea and made fried chicken by dipping the chicken in egg and bake mix, but I added Bersteins classic Italian dressing to the egg mix - delish!

astrocreep
Sun, Sep-26-04, 23:54
Hey you all, I use MINI CARB bake mix. You can get it at wal-mart super center. It has 0g net (2g but 2g fiber). It costs about 1.98 a box, but you can get it on sale periodically for 1$. They also have a bisquit mix box, cake mix, cookie mix, and I also believe pancake mix as well. I used it to bread some stuffed chicken breasts and also to make onion rings, it was quite good. I have but one complaint though! When you use a light layer of it (egg, bake mix, then deep fry it) some bits of it tends to come off. I only had this problem with my onion rings though, the stuffed chicken breasts came out perfect!

I would suggest you guys look for alternative brands of low carb mixes. Plus check out wal-mart's prices before you buy it at your regular supermarket. As my supermarkets (albertson's, winn-dixie, and publix) charged about 1-5$ more than walmart did (like Atkins syrup was 2.50 at wal-mart, but 3.80 at albertson's!!).

GrooveJock
Mon, Sep-27-04, 04:39
I like to fry chicken in a mix of Parm cheese, pork rinds, almond flower, ground flax, and Atkins bake mix. Add Salt, pepper, and garlic power and your get to go. sooooo yummy.