PDA

View Full Version : Jamaican Recipes

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wandabthin
Sun, Nov-03-02, 19:18
My husband and I love jerk chicken/pork, also festivals :yum: (cornbread, deepfriend, very nice) and I was wondering if any one knew of somewhere that I could find out the carb content on these. I have jerk sauce, but there is nothing in it that can't be eaten juring induction. I just would like to know the carb count, so i can see if we can have this.

Any help on this would be very very much apreciated. :D

Thanks everyone

Karen
Mon, Nov-04-02, 10:09
Hello Wanda!

With prepared sauces, it'a all a matter of degree. You're probably using 1/4 cup or so to a pound of chicken and it won't cause you any harm.

If it doesn't taste sweet and sugar is not one of the first five ingredients, you're probably OK. You can also make your own jerk sauce so you will know exactly what the carb count is.

(cornbread, deepfriend, very nice)

I would say cornbread is definitely out. It's full of flour, cornmeal and sugar which are real no-no's on the Atkins diet.

Karen