PDA

View Full Version : running intervals

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

piggypiggy
Fri, Nov-01-02, 14:33
Is this correct:

I used to run for 20 mins 3 times a week at speeds 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, for 1 min each. But i think i was doing more cardio than fat-burning.

Then i started running at 2.5 for 3 mins, the 4.5, 5,5.5,6.6.5,7,7.5: (on a treadmill) all for 1 minute each for 35 minutes, with a three minute cooldown to end it off.

this was before I was on atkins. I feel rather week on it, even though I have been on it for 1 month.

I just want to loose body fat, especially on the back of my thighs. so now i'm running for 1 hour a day. I start by walking 5 mins at 2.5, then run at 4.0, for 3 minutes;run at 4.5 for 2 mins; and 5.0 for 2mins. Then I repeat the cycle, except I only walk for the fist 5 mins; then at my 20 minute mark, then at my 40 minute mark.
Should I up the speed, or keep this at a jogging pace rather than running?
also how can I loose the fat on the back of my legs?
I also weight lift.
i really don't want to spend so much time at the gym. Should I go harder, so i spend less time at the gym.?