PDA

View Full Version : CAD, CALP or something else?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GatorGal93
Fri, Nov-01-02, 09:14
Some boring background first:

To summarize, I have been on Atkins before when I was younger and got to my goal weight. I did not stay with the WOE and gained a lot of weight. I have been on Atkins since February 2002 with very minor splurges (NO sweets. I do not like them.) and have managed to gain 23 pounds. I think this is more than enough time to give to ANY diet/WOL/WOE.

I am not asking what I am doing wrong. MY body gains weight on more calories, so that is not an option (I know. I tried NS.)

My question is, which plan should I try next? I was looking at CAD or CALP, but I am not familiar with the plans. I have read up on them on this board and I even looked at the books for purchase on the net today. But all I know is Atkins. What diet could be right for me? And yes, I have viewed the "Which low-carb plan is right for me?" link a hundred times.

I am:
female
30 years old
5'10"
non-smoker
no allergies or health issues other than hypertension and obesity

Thank you very much for the advice and support,
Julie

P.S. Is the CAD book reprinted in 1999 with ISBN #045-117-3392 the newest edition?

Zuleikaa
Fri, Nov-01-02, 09:24
Hey Julie!

Glad to see you've come home! Read my thread on carb allergy vs carb addiction and see which fits you. Plenty of people who are carb addicted can gain weight on the other low carb plans.

From getting to know you and how you react to carbs I think CAD will fit you. I could not point you here, you had to come on your own. I will send you the cheat sheet I made up. Ha Ha, I have to write everything down ;) . I will also post a thread with the CAD rules for others who are interested. I do not think the overview of the CAD plan here is very good.

I still think you should commit to doing the modified fat flush plan for 2 weeks to give your abused metabolism time to heal. It's only two weeks, Julie!!!