PDA

View Full Version : CAD low CAL??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chocolate
Tue, Oct-29-02, 03:43
Hi there!!

A question: if CAD/CALP are based on the insulin thing, then why is there a limit on fat and protein food during CMs? I don't have the CALP book, but the CAD book definitely defines the CMs as having up to 4 ounces of meat/fish/fowl or up to 2 ounces cheese and about 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil.... that sounds low fat/low calorie to me...

Do you guys respect these quantities?

Thanks for your input....

Choc

Zuleikaa
Tue, Oct-29-02, 09:55
No!! Don't count, don't measure, don't weigh. But I don't overdo either. Well, maybe sometimes :blush: Generally, I follow the rule that you eat until you're satisfied. Of course, I have had some great feasts for my reward meals.

Zuleikaa
Tue, Oct-29-02, 09:56
Oh also, if you eat too much protein, it can convert to glucose in your body and affect insulin levels. Moderation is the key.

chocolate
Thu, Oct-31-02, 01:34
Thanks for you reply Zuleikaa! I heard that protein turns to glucose only if your really hogging it, like 200g a day for ages and with very few carbs. I don't think it's the CADers' case ...

Have a good day!
Choc

PS I made a mistake and started a new thread with this answer ... time for my coffee, huh?