PDA

View Full Version : Testing Numbers Help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SLOTIPER
Thu, Oct-24-02, 21:02
1st of all thank you to all the great people who have answered my posts before,you have been a great help... Now can somone tell me what the glucose numbers should be at different times in the dai ie. morning before breakfast or after dinner mine are always in the68-92 range I thought 110 was normal what should I expect when im on LC Thanx Everyone ,Ryan

CindySue48
Fri, Oct-25-02, 10:51
Ryan

First off...call your doc and find out what his/her "acceptable" numbers are! Are you taking meds? if so for how long? Also ask your doc when/if you should hold a dose based on BS.

ADA has recomendations that the "premeal" BS should be 80-120....and bedtime 100-140.

For a Glucose tolerance test, the 2 hr test should be less than 140.

Hope this helps, but please call your doc for specifics for you! Depending on your age, other medical conditions and the meds you're on (or not on) your doc might want you with tighter or looser control.

Good luck!
Cindy

Cyprinodon
Fri, Oct-25-02, 20:34
According to the doc we use for our kid, those numbers are kind of low if you are on any meds (slightly low for morning, low for pre-bedtime). The morning number might indicate that you are going very low during the night and the late evening number puts you at risk of going very low during the night. Another thing that can happen if you are going very low at night (due to being on meds) is that you can have a really high number in the morning due to rebound. If you are on meds, you might try testing 2 or 3 times during the night to see what is going on. You might also continue to do night testing on occassion if things are going well and more often if you are having nighttime lows. If you are an athlete or heavily involved in formal exercise, especially weight training, nighttime lows can be very dangerous.

If you aren't on meds, I'd say those numbers are fine.