PDA

View Full Version : New to Low Carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

danume
Sat, Jun-23-01, 13:22
Hello Everyone.....I am soooooooo excited about starting my new lifestyle. I have been on the new way of eating for almost 2 weeks now and feel great! I just want to take the time to thank my sister Det's for starting this and getting me started.

tamarian
Sat, Jun-23-01, 13:29
Hello, Danume, welcome aboard.

Glad you found this lifestyle and are enjoying it. You've done VERY well for the 2 weeks, 15 lbs.? Way to go.

Looking forward to hearing more about your progress.

Wa'il

debbiedobson
Sat, Jun-23-01, 14:27
welcome danume! this is a wonderful site; full of support and information. congratulations on your 15lb loss!:D what a terrific beginning! ! you sound very enthusiastic! i look forward to hearing more from you!:D

fern2340
Sat, Jun-23-01, 16:10
Hi Danume!
15 lbs. is a GREAT start! I look forward to hearing about your progress!!!

r.mines
Sat, Jun-23-01, 23:28
Hi, Danume! Welcome to the forum!

Rachel

danume
Wed, Jun-27-01, 18:21
Thanks everybody :cool:...I continue into my third week and have decided to stay on the induction just this next week. :D I am excited about this plan and my husband is now reading the book ;) It really helps when you get support from those you love. :D

sylvie p
Thu, Jun-28-01, 07:29
Welcome aboard. I know what you mean about additional support from the spouse. I've been low-carbing since May 26/01 and have lost about 10 lbs. and only now is the hubby saying, "so what is this all about and what should I eat and not eat.". He's got to get into shape - he's a firefighter and carrying an extra 40lbs is not good for him or his job.

Karen
Thu, Jun-28-01, 10:20
Hi Danume,

Welcome to the board!

Feeling great is one of the amazing side-effects of this WOE.

Karen