PDA

View Full Version : Dr is ok with this and working with me!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

numberonewendy
Mon, Mar-19-01, 22:39
Hi all,

Well the dreaded doctors appt. today and wow am I thrilled.

My doctor has never heard of the Dr. Atkins WOE but see's my enthusiusm and determination at getting healthy and staying this way! She is going to work with me on this. YES!!!!

I will get my blood work done this Friday as I must fast for 16 hrs. I will also be seeing my Doctor once a month (She asked me how many times I wanted to see her, I thought once a month was fine?), for a weight in and to see how I am doing. I even said to her, once she see's how well I'm doing she is welcome to the book to read to find out more on Dr. Atkins, and she said ok, thanks for the offer.

Freaked me out. Honest Doreen, she is someone to have to get use to....One day you can see her and she can be so rude, another day, like she isn't there, and today, quite happy to work with me....LOL. Guess we must get to know eachother???

I got weighted at the doctors office and it showed me at a different weight then what I am at home. Darn scales, wish only one type were made for all...LOL Hers had me plugged higher...hmmm..guess my weight was higher then 178? Oh well, not to worry as long as I am losing and learning to eat a healthier way :)

I'm on the road to a healthier body and truly am excited by it all! Even knowing there will be stalls, but just thinking about eating healthier thrills me to no end....more energy is what I want most.....so fed up feeling tired...tired....and tired!!! (Yes folks, even going to throw those dreaded veggies into my mouth!).

P.s. I also let the doctor know about you folks here on line...what a great support group you all are, and here when needed for questions, advice ect... To me, this is a major plus! To be able to share this struggle of keeping healthy with other folks who feel the same way....how can one lose? :)

Take care all,
Wendy

doreen T
Mon, Mar-19-01, 23:23
hey wendy,

I thought of you today -- I had a dr. appt. also. I really lucked out with the doc I have now, she is terrific, not like the old dad I was seeing previously. Anyway, she actually listened to me, and agreed to switch my thyroid medication. It was a controversial change, not generally recognised in the accepted annals of medicine. I just said, I want to try this, here's what I've read, and ..... she agreed. And will do close follow up ( I figured 3 months though, not expecting miracles overnite)

Anyway, I think drs. are impressed when they see their patients take an active role in their health. The fact that you went in armed with information, etc.... that's wonderful. Granted, some of the older generation docs. still don't want to give up their omniscient power, and resent patients who "know too much". Kudos to this gal, she sounds all right ...:)

Congrats also on the 2 lbs lost. Wish I could say the same for me.

Doreen

numberonewendy
Mon, Mar-19-01, 23:54
Thanks Doreen, (Wonderful to be thought of).

Tried to send you a private message and it seems I'm not doing it to well...LOL

I sent you one way back when.....and not sure if I did it then either?

Funny though, sent one to my Mom a few minutes ago and she got it....so Wendy isn't doing something right when it comes to you...Oh well, give me time..LOL

Nite, nite,
Wendy

Ps. Happy to hear you too had sucess with a doctor. One walks away with a much happier feeling :)