PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Pam
Sun, Jun-17-01, 17:55
Gee, I hope I am doing this right. I have never been on one of these before. Anyway's, Hi all! I have been on the Carbohydrate Addicts diet for one and a half years now. I have lost 53 lbs. For the last four months though I haven't lost anymore weight and it has been pretty much of an up and down struggle. For the first year I lost slowly but steadily which was great and that was encouragement in itself. But...now that I'm not losing it is a little harder to stay focused. So, I am hoping that being on here and reading the posts will renew my determination. I am thrilled that I happened upon this message board!
Well, I guess that's all for now.

doreen T
Sun, Jun-17-01, 18:11
Gosh, 53 lbs is terrific, way to go! But I can understand how frustrating it can be when things seem to be moving along, then it stops. Do you have a lot more weight to lose?? Sometimes it's harder and much slower as we get near goal weight. And the other thing is, sometimes we need to take a step back and really be honest about what we're eating ... it's so easy to get lax, and have a little indiscretion here and there ... and it adds up.

How about posting a few days' worth of menus; maybe some members might be able to spot some trouble areas for you, and offer some helpful suggestions to get things moving again.

Another suggestion might be, to take a look at one of the other lowcarb programs, such as Atkins or Protein Power. Maybe a complete change from the routine (aka "rut") you're in would be the boost you need.

Looking forward to reading more posts from you!.. :) .. Take care,

Doreen

tamarian
Mon, Jun-18-01, 08:13
Welcome aboard Pam and congrats on your success so far!

Wa'il

Karen
Mon, Jun-18-01, 08:24
Welcome to the board Pam!

I will echo Doreen: Sometimes scrutiny and a change can work wonders!

Karen

fern2340
Mon, Jun-18-01, 08:51
Welcome aboard Pam! I can almost guarantee that being on this board will help! The people here are very knowledgeable and the support is phenomenal!!!!! Glad you found us!

r.mines
Mon, Jun-18-01, 08:53
Congrats on your willpower and determination! I agree with Doreen and Karen; maybe it's time to 'shake things up' a bit. Keep us posted!

Rachel

Pam
Mon, Jun-18-01, 15:51
Hi All,
Thanks for the words of welcome. I still have 40 pounds to lose. I have PCOS and I have no thyroid gland and must take thyroid hormone. I have tried many diets with no success. The CAD diet has been the only diet I have tried with success. I cannot seem to lose on Dr. A. Which makes no sense 'cause you cut out all carbs. I have tried it numerous times and it just doesn't work for me. I have friends whom have great success on Dr. A. I don't really no what to try now. I have been a little lax lately and have slacked off a bit on the walking and weight routine. So, I think I'll start there. No cheating and more exercise. I'll let you know if I have a break through. Pam