PDA

View Full Version : Difference between CAD and CALP?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

VickiP
Wed, Oct-16-02, 15:07
Can someone give me this info? Which book should I buy. I'm a 21 year-old college student looking to lose 30 lbs. I'm Insulin Resistent, taking glucophage, and I have PCOS. I need to do something lowcarb and I have failed at every attempt. I need to lose weight. I am thinking about starting CAD/CALP.
Thanks,
Tori

Zuleikaa
Wed, Oct-16-02, 17:00
CAD and CALP are lc plans for carbohydrate addicts, people who have an extreme insulin reaction/craving with carbohydrates. CAD came out first and CALP has expanded the first diet by putting limits and explanations of stallers of weight loss such as: MSG, medicatiions, "fake" sugars, diet sodas and carbo binging at the reward meal.

Since CALP is the most updated version, I advise you to purchase CALP.

The weight loss is slower with CAD and CALP than with Atkins, about 1 pound a week, more if you're active. Carbohydrates are allowed though when limited to your Reward Meal.