PDA

View Full Version : Cla

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sassy_7385
Fri, Oct-11-02, 09:22
Does this supplement help?

ljclowater
Fri, Oct-11-02, 09:36
I have heard that studies have shown CLA in certain doses helped a test group put on more lean muscle than a control group over a period of a few months. Unfortunately, I think they found a good dosage to be 3-4 grams of CLA and I can't afford to take that every day. I don't have any links (it's been a while now), maybe do a search on the internet for actual news articles or research studies.

hipgnosis9
Fri, Oct-11-02, 09:59
hey sassy,

if you get a chance, in the october/november issue of Muscle and Fitness Hers on page 86, there is a great article about CLA. basically it states that CLA is better used to keep fat off once you have lost it. CLA inhibits fat to re-enter the fat cell, so that once you have lost the fat, it won't fill the cell back up. The article also states that CLA can increase lean body mass during development. so that means it would benefit you if you are doing some sort of weight training or resistance program. To receive benefits, 3 grams must be taken, which can be expensive.

The article is great if you get a chance to pick it up! I personally have tried CLA and it made me nauseous at times so i had to take it with food. after some time, i couldn't afford to be paying for the supplement anymore, but once i get to my goal weight, it may be something i may pick up again. my friend's boyfriend used it and had some success. he lost three pounds, and gained muscle, but he was on an intense cardio and weight program.

best of luck! hope this helped!

yvonne326
Mon, Oct-14-02, 13:38
I have seen a remarkable improvement on my body's tone..muscle tone...since I started taking it in August. BUT exercise is needed and I have begun an exercise program aimed at my abdomen (my problem spot) and have already dropped 2 pant sizes (but only 4 lbs) so I truly believe in it.

PLUS it boosts your immune system...I have never been healthier even when exposed to people that are sick with colds, infections, etc.

sassy_7385
Tue, Oct-15-02, 16:24
When do you take it? I read somewhere that you have to take 1 hr before you eat (on empty stomache) Is that what you have been doing?

Natrushka
Tue, Oct-15-02, 18:27
Sassy, I've moved your post to the nutrition / supplements forum. If you scroll to the top of this forum you'll find a stuck thread called Supplement Resources. Both supplementwatch.com and wholehealthmd.com have reivews and information on CLA. There are also a few threads in this subforum on it as well.

HTH
Nat