PDA

View Full Version : any suggestion on OAT meal?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

baajhan
Thu, Oct-03-02, 06:22
what can be done with OAT... how do i prepare it? wat are all the different preparations?

because oat is low in CARB real low carb food....

Baajhan

agonycat
Thu, Oct-03-02, 06:39
Baajhan,

Oatmeal is fairly high in carbs. 1/2 cup of cooked steel cut oats has 26 carbs and only 4 fiber. So depending on your current level of the Atkin's diet may be a bit too high for consumption.

I workout 6 days a week so I can do a higher carb count. I normally prepare them as stated on the package and add cinnamon, pat of butter and a tsp of heavy cream.

baajhan
Thu, Oct-03-02, 22:47
Err.... i hv say 50 grams of oat meal every day morning with some beans, or egg, or cauli flowers or some thing.

I thought it was the best i can have in the mornings. Because i dd not find anything else to eat. i dont eat meat... i mean non-veg - so wat do i do???? :confused:

Karen
Fri, Oct-04-02, 06:51
Hi Baajhan,

You really do need some form of protein to low-carb. Dairy or soy products or eggs.

Have you had a chance to read one of the low carb books yet or check out the Atkins website so you'll have the information on how and why low-carbing works and why protein and fat are essential?

Here is a vegetarian low-carb site (http://www.immuneweb.org/lowcarb/) that will help you out.

Karen