PDA

View Full Version : Question for New Zealanders

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dianne
Tue, Oct-01-02, 21:39
My husband and I will be touring the South Island of NZ for 3 weeks over the Christmas Period.

Is anyone able to provide us with the brand name of any lo-carb bread or cereals? Also where to purchase same.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as we don't want to put on TOO much weight on our holiday, and would prefer to stick to the eating plan as much as possible.

Thanks everyone.

Di

lesleyc
Tue, Oct-01-02, 22:43
Hi Di,

I'm afraid that the bad news is NZ is very deprived of LC foods. Some health shops have the LC bars (Healthy Living is a chain that does)

I am not aware of any actual LC bread. The lowest I have found is Soy and Linseed, made by both Burgen and Vogels (each slice about 12 carbs from memory). Both of these are available in all supermarkets.

As for cereal...I can't help really, I haven't ever found any.

The LC lifestyle for me is pretty much simple whole foods...meat veggies eggs cheese etc. I have got by without any substitute type foods, so I don't miss them.

I hope you have a great holiday...the South Island is really beautiful

Lesley