PDA

View Full Version : carbolite bread

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rainny
Thu, Jun-07-01, 15:19
Just got this yesterday...and its really good! Better texture...and taste...really happy as far a quick bread in bread maker!
Does have soy in it...but it doesn't have "that taste". My son hated the Keto bread!ha! When I made this I gave him a slice with butter on it...he said "I'm not hungry"!:( I told him...its something new...try it!:D Well he did...then he looked at me and goes "MMMMmmmmm, taste like Luby's Rolls!!":p He's 9!!! So very honest! ha!

DebDaCajun
Thu, Jun-07-01, 15:25
MMMMMMMMM Luby's rolls...... Where'd you get the carbolite from? And can you only make it in a bread maker or can you do it in the oven? (I'm not much of a bread maker as you can tell from this question ;) ) I have some soy flour and protein powder that I am going to experiment making biscuits with -- wish me luck! (Oh, and I mean the southern-style, not cookies, for the non-Southerners :D )

debbiedobson
Fri, Jun-08-01, 16:31
unfortunately for us up here in the great white north, :mad: carbolite is only available online from american distributers. we have to pay almost double, due to the exchange on the dollar. we also have to pay exhorbitant shipping. we don't get any of the shipping breaks that you get in the states. too bad, though!! i've heard only good about carbolite products:(